PURPOSE OF JOB
Reporting to the Vice-President North American Sales at Telesat in Ottawa, the Director of Sales and Marketing based in Infosat’s Calgary head office will be responsible for creating, delivering and managing sales strategy as well as defining the products and designated markets for the company. The incumbent will play a fundamental role in managing existing business and developing future growth, providing vision, direction and leadership to an enterprise focused sales and marketing team and an extensive network of channel partners. The incumbent will develop and execute account plans, foster strong relationships with customers and suppliers, and determine solutions to meet clients’ needs.
- Develop strategies, tactics, sales plans and profit targets as part of the senior management team.
- Lead business development activities for current and new account initiatives, increasing market share in existing markets and maximizing development opportunities.
- Build and maintain relationships with key customers and business partners.
- Identify and report on business opportunities in target markets.
- Develop revenue, profitability and sales growth targets and provide leadership to the sales and marketing team to achieve results.
- Oversee the company’s marketing program including corporate branding, company website, and print and other media initiatives.
- Provide strategic and day to day direction to the sales and marketing team.
- Track results on a monthly basis and prepare reports for executive management review.
Education & Experience
The successful candidate will require a degree in business administration combined with 7-10 years proven sales management experience and a solid record of achieving and exceeding targets, preferably within the satellite, wireless or telecommunications market. Specialized knowledge, skills and abilities include:
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills with proven sales success
- Strong business acumen with telecommunications or satellite specific experience
- Proven ability to inspire, motivate and lead a sales and marketing team
- Demonstrated strong client relations, conflict resolution and relationship-building skills to foster long-term customer retention/satisfaction
- High energy, self-motivated and results oriented
- Excellent facilitation, presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented with strong planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and multi-task
- Flexible and supportive leader with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Good IT, budget, report writing, and contract negotiation skills
- Manage forecasting and inventory for product lines and services
- A valid driver’s licence
- Willingness to travel to visit key customers and partners