DIRECTOR, SALES AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT WESTERN CANADA
REQUISITION NUMBER: TSYS-CAVA00843619
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide — one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Based in Vancouver, British Columbia you perform strategic business development plans to win new customers and nurture existing customers for Bombardier Transportation (BT). Also you will lead a cross functional team of marketing, sales, government relations and bid management in all aspects of project identification, project development, project selection, bidding, negotiation and capture.
In your role you will:
- Manage the customers and possible partner interfaces and capture teams and guide the bid teams;
- Build strong networking relationships with civil construction and transit industry partners;
- Challenge status quo, whilst generating alternative approaches and ideas that will create a competitive edge in the Western Canada public transit market;
- Develop pre-white books and white books for all opportunities, prepare and submit weekly reports, manage inputs to Sales Force database, and provide input to Commercial Reviews and Dashboards;
- Establish and maintain up to date technical knowledge of own and competitor products;
- Obtain and maintain market data, market pricing analysis, competitive analysis, sales plans, sales presentations, life cycle analysis, market forecast, economic and commercial feasibility evaluations;
- Manage the customer relationship and influencing;
- Establish and permanently maintain the customer contact.
As our ideal candidate:
- You hold a Master’s degree in business or engineering, however, if you hold a Bachelor’s degree would be also considered;
- You cumulate ten (10) years of experience in a business development, sales, marketing, urban and mass transit, project management or engineering role working for a heavy manufacturing organization;
- Your international experience would be an asset;
- You have a background working in cross functional teams successfully;
- You have a solid proficiency level in business intelligence, strategic sales skills, contractual and legal knowledge, negotiation skills and planning skills;
- You have an intermediate proficiency level in railway technology knowledge;
- You possess strong evidence of customer led behavior and relationship building skills and demonstrated understanding of the challenges of the market place today and in the future;
- You are able for to track record of business development from “ground up” with the ability to grow the market;
- You have knowledge of Western Canada Mass Transit Market (Vancouver);
- You have highly developed negotiation skills;
- Your English communication skills are excellent both written and spoken.
- Your proficiency in other languages will be considered an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.