Director of Sourcing
Lululemon Athletica Inc.
Job Type: Full-Time
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Purchasing Managers (0113)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1E3 Canada
- undergraduate degree Experience
- 15+ years experience in the apparel industry
The Director of Sourcing will be responsible for leading sourcing consistent with lululemon’s Global Make strategy and in concert with lululemon’s Strategic Plan and Product Strategy consistent with our core values. Additionally, the role is responsible for developing the sourcing team and our global vendor base to meet the product needs of the company.
Direct Reports include:
- Sourcing Operations Manager
- Manager of Sourcing
The Director of Sourcing will be responsible for:
- Global Sourcing Strategy that balances Capacity, Capability and Costing with Quality, Sustainability and our Core Values.
- He or She will be directly responsible for Capacity, Product Capability, and Costing
- Sets performance standards and Vendor Scorecard to track performance and provide timely and constructive feedback in order to improve the metric.
- Recruit and Develop leadership team to build and support company and functional strategy to realize goals.
- Ensuring that the right infrastructure – organization, process, systems and people – is in place to attain departmental and overall company goals and objectives.
- Work cross functionally to understand and champion product and business objectives to reach collective goals.
- Leading by example, the highest ethical standard in global sourcing, including instilling an ethics of environmental and community sustainability into all sourcing decisions.
- Continuously analyze and investigate new sources that offer opportunities to improve or refine the sourcing base.
- Be aware of market trends and communicate them to the company, alerting them to manufacturing opportunities throughout the world.
- Develop and manage Operational Department budgets
- An undergraduate degree is required – in business preferred
Required Skills & Experience
- 15+ years experience in the apparel industry with a focus on sourcing/manufacturing industry
- Strong understanding of design elements (yarns, fabrics, trim, silhouettes) as well as sourcing requirements (raw materials, print, pattern, color).
- Strong ability to think strategically and be a creative problem solver---a “quick study” who can get to the heart of issues.
- Well-established credibility and track record in successful overseas trading, including consistently meeting standards for quality, pricing and delivery.
- Mature judgment and sound decision skills, with the ability to lead a team as well as build consensus between the design, development, merchandising and sourcing organizations.
- Must be aware and supportive of lululemon’s commitment sustainability(i.e. code of ethics, community involvement, etc.)
- Strong ability to identify, interpret and capitalize on trends that are important for the lululemon guest
- Strong visioning and Strategic Thinking Skills
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills.
Our “must haves”
- Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
- Desire to excel and succeed
- Actively live and breathe the lululemon culture and lifestyle
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (goal –oriented)
- Entrepreneurial spirit and an egoless nature
- Self motivated, passionate, empathetic, approachable
- Outgoing, energetic, upbeat and fun!