Top Hat’s marketing team is growing! We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to lead Public Relations and help shape the story of Top Hat now and into the future. If you think you're up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you.
About the gig:
- You will train and provide strategic advice and direction to company executives and spokespeople for media interviews, presentations, events, and more;
- You will work closely with our product marketing team to identify, plan, and execute media relation tactics to support product launches;
- You will collaborate closely with other marketing leaders to ensure our PR program complements and enhances all of our brand awareness and demand generation initiatives;
- You will ensure the Top Hat narrative is communicated impactfully, effectively and consistently to media and industry analysts and leverage every opportunity to move the Vision Critical brand forward;
- You will work closely with our customer marketing team and our customers to ensure we have customer spokespeople on tap for media opportunities and events;
- You will manage our external PR agency to ensure productivity, focus and effectiveness;
- You will monitor and measure Top Hat’s presence in the media;
- You will provide support to all internal and external stakeholders to protect and further the Top Hat brand;
- You have a passion for technology and how it can truly transform businesses today and a hunger to succeed and bring creativity to the job, every day;
- You have the ability and desire to build and lead a PR team from the first few hires to a world-class in-house public relations engine;
- You have a strong strategic approach and the ability to take on complex communications initiatives;
- You can work with executives to build effective corporate and product messaging;
- You are capable of securing high-level media coverage in the United States and Canada and have a comprehensive understanding of the tech, edtech and business media landscape, including: national magazines, national newspapers, broadcast, blogs, radio, trade magazines, webinars, podcasts, and more;
- You excel in fast-paced, ever-changing environments;
- You bring established relationships with tier-1 editors, producers, journalists, and bloggers;
- You possess excellent writing, editing, speech and presentation development skills;
- You have 5+ years experience in public relations, communications or a related field
About Top Hat:
Top Hat is a high growth education technology company; we provide tools to make teaching more interactive, fun and engaging. Top Hat helps professors make every lecture count by transforming mobile devices into powerful classroom engagement tools.
We have a vibrant culture of brilliant people who are innovators, thinkers, and creative geniuses. We believe in defying the status quo and we want smart people like you to join us.
The life of a Top Hatter also comes with other sweet perks too:
- Outstanding company culture, with a team that is super smart, highly motivated & stoked to be a part of a company that is changing the face of education.
- We offer breakfast and catered lunch every day!
- Conveniently located right by College & Yonge and we can help subsidize your metro pass.
- We are one of the top education technology companies in North America (named #1 of the Top 50 Companies to Watch by Deloitte Consulting!)
- Our dress code is casual and we hope you'll get behind our Top Hat traditions of Plaid Tuesdays and Tip Top Fridays!