Director of Procurement
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (0113)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Director of Procurement
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live long, healthy, and fun lives.
- Portfolio Optimization. Work with company leadership to identify an evolving portfolio of high-value sourcing opportunities.
- Category Planning. Institutionalize consistent category strategy development and planning processes. Understand category requirements and demand forecasts. Leverage spend analytics, market analysis, cost modeling, and benchmarking to identify strategic options. Develop category plans to meet business objectives and cost reduction targets.
- Strategic Sourcing. Execute sourcing projects identified in category plans. Apply contemporary sourcing methods to deliver total cost value creation and supply assurance. Develop comprehensive implementation plans involving all relevant stakeholders.
- Contracting. Drive strategic sourcing projects into practical contracting strategies consistent with business objectives and negotiated outcomes.
- Operational Procurement. Ensure procurement operations team develops P2P processes and procedures that provide consistent service to the business and value-capture from strategic procurement initiatives. Support utilization of systems and other platforms as defined in functional transformation plans.
- Supplier Relationship Management. Foster relationships with suppliers to create short-term and long-term value for the company. Lead global business reviews with strategic suppliers.
The finer print:
- Bachelors degree in business, economics, or related fields required
- 5+ years experience in procurement management role with a premium global retailer
- Works easily in multi-functional or multi-BU project settings; able to facilitate teamwork across corporate boundaries.
- Strong understanding in identifying contemporary sourcing methods to create total cost value creation and develop cost modeling to identify strategic options
- Proven track record of driving results across range of non-merchandise spend categories, e.g., IT, HR, marketing, store operations, construction, packaging, freight & logistics
- Strong commercial acumen and negotiation skills; expert understanding of the role of terms, conditions, and other contracting requirements in managing corporate risk
- Expert financial, quantitative, and analytical skills
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental & disability and performance based bonus available. We support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver.