Director of Marketing full-time
Interested in developing or advancing your career in the automotive industry with one of the Best Employers and Best Managed Companies in Canada? As OpenRoad continues to grow, we are looking for highly motivated, enthusiastic team players that share the same vision and desire for success as OpenRoad. We are looking for you to join us, to grow with us, and to excel with us!
OpenRoad Auto Group is a one of the largest, and fastest growing automotive retail groups in Canada with 18 brands and 22 locations. We are committed to becoming Canada’s recognized automotive leader in customer service. Our continuous growth and expansion is fueled by our talented and motivated professionals that we see as our most valuable assets.
OpenRoad Auto Group is currently seeking to expand our team with a full-time Director of Marketing to join us at our Head Office in Richmond.
Reporting to the COO, the Director of Marketing will be responsible for establishing, implementing and maintaining strategic marketing plans. OpenRoad Auto Group’s Director of Marketing will build a creative, integrated and efficient marketing department, that builds brand awareness and reputation. Our Director of Marketing will monitor and measure the return of the marketing program and investments. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, resourceful, and have impeccable communication & leadership skills.
A Career at OpenRoad Means You’ll Enjoy:
- Competitive Compensation Package & Group Health Benefits
- Training & Development Support
- Vehicle Purchase & Service Incentives
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Employee recognition & rewards
- Fun & Supportive Culture
- Develop brand strategies to enhance the OpenRoad difference
- Create strategic marketing plans for multiple retail locations across multiple automotive brands
- Work in collaboration with our General Managers to implement the strategic marketing plans.
- Manage the marketing budget for all staffing and resources. Including coop funds and reconciliations.
- Develop advertising strategies and media plans with media buyers
- Provide creative direction and oversee ad production for in-house ad agency – monthly retail print, radio, TV, online, in-store point-of-purchase, print materials, displays
- Produce customer relationship activities Conceive and deliver promotions, partnerships, contests
- Develop and maintain company loyalty programs
- Identify business opportunities and deliver target marketing campaigns
- Organize events – model launches, store openings, guest relations events, street team activities
- Manage special corporate projects and business development proposals
- Act as marketing resource to deliver projects for multiple retail locations
- Handle public relations, media and communications
- Manage digital strategy, social media and internet display advertising
- Deliver dynamic web presence across all company and store website
- Manage the creating of all marketing collateral and sales support tools.
- Be accountable for measuring and reporting on campaign results
- Enhance Customer Relationship Management processes & technologies
- Perform market segmentation, targeting & positioning for each product line.
- Execute integrated online/offline, search engine marketing, advertising, public relations, tradeshows and other campaigns to generate demand & sales leads
- Conduct research & evaluation of vendor solutions and manage relationships.
- Work directly with management teams to support their lead generation
- Manage & motivate a team of highly skilled marketing professionals
- Identify areas for process improvement, i.e. product / project management.
- Maintain knowledge of marketing trends, developments, and best practices.
What it takes to be part of our dynamic team:
- University degree in Marketing, Business or Communication. MBA would be seen as an asset.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in a marketing management position.
- Exceptional knowledge of marketing strategies, concepts and practices.
- Strong project management & performance measurement skills.
- Ability to develop strong relationships and work with senior level executives.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to compile and analyze performance data and develop metrics that support decision-making for resource allocation and subsequent campaigns.
- Solid business acumen, management, and problem-solving skills.
- Proven success in branding, marketing strategy, advertising, creative direction, events, online.
- Demonstrated success in project management and staff supervision.
- Proven experience in resource role serving multiple stakeholders and clients.
- Excellent ability in Windows and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Automotive retail experience and multiple languages an asset.
- Ability to effectively directly and indirectly lead a team.
- Effective time management, organization, and leadership skills.