Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, metallurgical coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TCK.A and TCK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TCK.
We are currently seeking an individual in the role of: Director Marketing
Reporting to the Vice President Marketing, the Director Marketing is responsible for the design and oversight of a marketing and sales plan to deliver against the overall Marketing strategy and optimize the sales revenue. Reporting to the VP Marketing, this position leads the Marketing team with the Manager, Marketing as a direct report.
This is a permanent, full-time position. The salary is $200,000.00 yearly, averaging 40 hours per week.
- Participate in the formulation of long and short term marketing plans, goals and objectives
- Provide input into the development of the overall Marketing strategy and the annual negotiation strategy and process
- Negotiate sales contracts and all related commercial terms with customer base
- Review and prepare contractual agreements reflecting agreed terms of sales
- Develop and maintain an active and extensive market intelligence network and work with the Strategic Analyst to integrate this intelligence in the demand/supply model
- Utilize market intelligence and information generated by the Strategic Analyst to develop and deliver to customers key messages relating to the current and future state of the coking coal market to enhance Teck Coal's reputation as a sophisticated and knowledgeable supplier, and a global leader in the marketplace
- Provide for regular customer visits to shape customer behavior and to further Teck Coal's marketing strategy
- Establish, maintain and manage relationship with existing and potential clients to monitor ongoing sales activities and to develop new marketing opportunities
- Oversee market development and make recommendations regarding how to conduct our sales to optimize the value in our overall marketing strategy
- Provide guidance and input into the logistics and transportation functions in the performance of shipments to the customer base on an as required basis
- University degree in Business, Engineering or Geology
- MBA or equivalent qualification in Business Administration
- 7 + years experience as a senior marketing manager for a large mining company or similar industrial commodity company with four or more years experience marketing coking coal at a senior level
- Exposure to marketing, technical and financial aspects of the business
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the international metallurgical coal market and its participants
- Excellent financial, strategic planning and organizational abilities
- Superior interpersonal, communication and relationship management skills
- Proven negotiating abilities
- Ability to operate independently
Teck Coal offers an excellent salary and benefits package. Our organization is committed to work life balance and offers staff alternate work schedules such as an Earned Day Off schedule, making every second weekend three days long.