# of Positions Available: 1
Closing Date: October 30, 2015
Career Level: Manager
Location: Calgary, AB T2M 0H5 CA (Primary) / Edmonton - Edmonton, AB T5J 0N3 CA
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Salary Grade: N-Oth
Helping Albertans achieve their dreams by turning the complex world of banking into brilliantly simple solutions. That’s ATB. Is that you?
Director of Content Marketing – Investor Services
ATB Investor Services (“ATBIS”) is the wealth management division of ATB Financial. With a team of over 100 experienced, world-class investment specialists, ATB Investor Services’ priority is to understand our clients’ goals, provide expert advice, and guide them to solutions that will help them achieve those goals by achieving deeper happiness. We know that reaching our goal depends directly on the quality of our people, and that is why we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best talent available.
ATB Investor Services is looking for a rare and special breed that lives and breathes content marketing, knows the power of it from experience, has seen it fail and seen it shine. You know just what to do to navigate the competitive waters of the marketing world – not just content marketing – to influence business success and incredibly happy customers. The words “think big and make it happen” mean something to you because you’ve got a proven track record of doing so, and your courage and inspired thinking are infectious. You’re in this business because you enjoy swimming against the current of an ever-changing social and digital world, you’re effective in it, and you bring out the best in people along the way.
Reporting to the Managing Director of Marketing and Communications, the Director of Content and Marketing is responsible for guiding the strategic direction of the ATB Investor Services (ATBIS) content plan. In addition, this role oversees the team that leads brand, marketing and sponsorship initiatives. The role works closely with content contributors across the ATBIS Marketing & Communications team to build on ATBIS’s positioning in the marketplace and inside ATB. The role also partners media experts in the ATB Financial Reputation and Brand team for profiling opportunities. A strategic and creative opportunity, the role has a special focus on delivering against goals and supporting the vision of the ATB Brand Story.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Deep business acumen and high competency in content planning and untraditional marketing, product marketing, PR & media relations, digital & social media with a focus on metrics that link to business goals
- Previous experience as a leader focused on creating an engaged team in an evolving, complex environment and a demonstrated ability to use a range of leadership styles as situations demand
- Familiarity with research and the power of insights-driven planning
- In-depth knowledge of earned media, posses digital savviness, and on top of trends and UX
- Previous success working with thought leaders, who are known for challenging norms and your good counsel was highly respected
- The ability to identify and translate complex concepts into brilliantly simple stories
- Exceptional and creative writing skill set
- Familiarity and knowledge of brand strategy, positioning and client segment targeting
- Superior relationship management and communication skills with all levels within an organization
- The ability to be a creative problem solver and a big picture thinker with attention to detail, while working in a busy, progressive environment with tight deadlines
- The ability to lead a very collaborative team dynamic and deliver a genuine, human presence that effectively brings people together in person and through technology within a work-from-home model
- The attributes of a curious, voracious learner who isn’t afraid of tough questions and immersing oneself in a strong “team” environment
- High competency with metrics/analytics and reporting
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in a senior marketing role, including professional level and/or leadership experience within the organization
- Relevant education and training combined with a commitment to ongoing learning and professional development (a university degree in marketing with a professional designation in a related field)
- Financial and more specifically, investment industry experience would be an asset but not required; B2B experience is a preference
So what can ATB Financial offer you? Imagine paying less for your everyday banking, mortgages, loans and investments. Throw in an excellent benefits and pension package, opportunities for career advancement, and a financial institution that’s leading the way in change – now you’re talking about a career with a company that allows you to grow. As an award-winning employer-of-choice – we have the best of the best working for Albertans. Sound like a team you want to be a part of?
Advancement. Fun. Rewards… We get it.
Online applications are preferred. ATB Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the high number of resumes we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.