Interested in being a part of a values-based financial cooperative, where member-led innovation is our business model, which is how we aspire to create impact in our local communities? If so, here’s your chance to be part of a talented organization where we are all committed to redefining wealth for our members and helping them with their long term goals This is what we call making Good MoneyTM
Director, Member and Community Insights
With exceptional listening and compassion skills, and the ability to translate Vancity’s Good Money™ brand promise to our members, you will have a minimum of seven years of experience specifically in marketing analytics as well as social innovation and measurement of a triple bottom line and advanced people leadership skills.
The Director, Member and Community Insights is a key leader in providing Vancity with timely reporting and accurate member and market insights to enable member-led innovation. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Business Development and Member and Community Engagement the Director, Member and Community Insights has one (1) direct report currently.
Key accountabilities for this role are:
- Develop and implement an impact measurement framework and tools aligned with the organizational outcomes framework to enable effective and efficient reporting on impact outcomes.
- Develop a framework and tools to facilitate effective data collection (internal and external) that enables the identification and/or development of new opportunities for impact.
- Conduct research and analyze market trends in order to identify proofs of concepts and uncover hidden markets.
- Provide advice regarding data analysis and measurement to enable the development of the integrated report.
At Vancity, we have some additional expectations of our people managers:
Develop a highly engaged, diverse and capable workforce and management structure (including succession planning) that allows employees to execute on and achieve the Three Year Plan targets while building great relationships with members; employ effective risk management practices, controls and management oversight to achieve an appropriate balance between value creation and value preservation of member and organizational benefits; exercise the appropriate care, diligence and skill required to act in the best interests of the organization and to adhere to and enable the Vancity statement of values and commitments; as a member of the Divisional Leadership Team, work in cross-unit collaboration to balance business unit goals with what is best for the enterprise as a whole.
The competencies for this position would typically be acquired through the successful completion of a bachelor’s degree in a related discipline with additional post-secondary education in marketing, business administration, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
7-10 years of experience (including people management) with specific experience in marketing analytics as well as social innovation and measurement of a triple bottom line.
- Solid Listening and Compassion Skills
- Advanced business acumen in the context of the financial industry;
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills to create clear understanding of expectations, address escalated challenges and issues in reporting areas, and to represent the functional area across the organization;
- Advanced knowledge of the concepts, practices and techniques of market research and impact measurement;
- Advanced knowledge of the relevant Vancity policies and procedures or ability to quickly learn and adapt to established policies and procedures;
- Advanced knowledge of Vancity strategies, functions and programs;
- Advanced people leadership skills to develop strength in reporting leaders and staff in development of critical competencies; to oversee performance management; and to model valued leadership behaviors;
- Advanced planning and coordination skills to establish functional strategies, tactical plans and initiatives; and to lead development of integrated solutions, services and programs;
- Advanced problem-solving and decision-making skills to lead diagnosis of critical challenges; develop integrated business solutions; and to assess and risks and opportunities that may affect functional area;
- Advanced research and analytical skills to assess and recommend course of action on industry, political and economic trends, and to identify risks and opportunities that may impact the business unit;