Bachelor of Arts in Marketing, Communications or a related field.
Minimum five years’ relevant experience including:
- Experience in managing a team for at least three years and forming them into a cohesive group.
- Demonstrated ability to develop new fresh ideas while still maintaining a campaign concept.
- Excellent communication, facilitation, and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work strategically and turn business goals into marketing/communications tactics.
- Proven ability to form relationships quickly with the team, peers, leaders, and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated financial accountability; ability to plan and manage budgets.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Candidates with a combination of education, experience, and training acceptable to the college will also be considered.
Crisis management is considered an asset.
Keyano College is looking for a marketing and communications professional that can lead a team of six people to do amazing things. Within the team are designers, a marketing advisor that works with clients, an office/production manager and a communications/marketing writer that pens the messages that represent our campus. The team produces all the collateral for the campus, updates the website, writes speeches and press releases and seeks out ways to promote Keyano College. The Director will be responsible to oversee these professionals and establish the marketing/communications plan on an annual basis.
Leading and backing the team is an important role. Giving direction and helping to set priorities assists the team to achieve meaningful work. Gaining ground, and not just being busy is the goal. Student recruitment, reputation building and internal and external communications are all part of the roles of this position.
The Director reports to the VP of Advancement and is expected to build positive relationships across the campus and community. Experience with Crisis Communications is an asset. Thinking out of the box in the Marketing world is a plus.
Compensation is competitive and includes a comprehensive health and benefits package. This position qualifies for the Regional Living Allowance of $1040.00 per month (subject to review).
Close Date: 03/31/2017