ZCL is North America’s leading manufacturer of Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP) storage solutions for the petroleum, water, and industrial corrosion industries. We pride ourselves on creating high quality, environmentally safe products for the storage and handling of fuel, water, chemicals, and other hazardous and/or corrosive liquids.
ZCL is currently recruiting for a Director Marketing Communications to be based in either Edmonton, Alberta or Minneapolis, Minnesota. If you are a motivated Marketing & Communications professional that wants to be an integral part of a committed team – ZCL is the place for you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Director Marketing Communications will be responsible for unifying and strengthening ZCL’s brand as both supplier and employer of choice, establishing a differentiated market positioning in all operating segments, and supporting revenue and market share growth through planning and execution of effective marketing campaigns’. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead research, development, and implementation of targeted marketing campaigns, leveraging corporate websites, social media, seminars, tradeshows, webinars, and other promotional channels.
- Develop and promote external and internal branding initiatives consistent with ZCL’s corporate values, vision, mission and growth strategy.
- Ensure all products, services, and other offerings conform to brand identity.
- Work with department heads to develop and oversee all promotional activities, including customer presentations, brochures, videos, webinars and sales training materials.
- Prepare and deliver reports on the status and ROI of all marketing campaigns to senior management.
- Communicate and negotiate with promotional partners, as needed, for joint marketing activities.
- Monitor, evaluate, and report on competitor activities; make recommendations based on findings.
- Drive proactive communications internally including but not limited to the management of ZCL News and ZCL Connect.
- Partner with human resources and recruiting teams to develop coherent communications around company employer branding principles and guidelines.
- Develop and execute yearly marketing plan within budget requirements, and inclusive of all activities outlined above.
- Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing) or Bachelor’s degree in Communication or related field with directly related marketing experience in a manufacturing environment.
- A professional marketing designation is preferred (e.g. PMC-VI, CMMP, CMS, PCM etc.).
- A minimum of five (5) years of senior marketing management experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- A minimum of five (5) years of marketing experience in an environment with various geographic locations particularly across Canada and the United States.
- Experience working in mid to large size organizations at a senior manager level.
- Specialized knowledge in the principles and practices of marketing, branding, social media, design, communications techniques and leveraging appropriate technology.
- A visionary with a deep understanding of leading-edge marketing strategies and with a proven track record of creating integrated campaigns and initiatives that will drive brand engagement, build the sales pipeline and increase revenues.
- Computer literate, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail and Adobe Products.
- Previous experience in FRP (fiberglass reinforced plastic) and/or thermoplastic composites is a definite asset.
- A proven team player who is both flexible and adaptable.
- A strong leader with the ability to achieve buy-in from team members and guide employees throughout a standardization process.
- Energetic, self-motivated, and results-oriented.
- Must have excellent analytical skills, strong organizational and decision making skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong leadership skills with the ability to manage and motivate people effectively.
- Valid driver’s license and travel within Canada and the US is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer that truly values each employee. In addition to offering a competitive wage based on your skills and qualifications, you will also be supported with the following benefits:
- Challenging career with opportunities for advancement
- Group benefits package
- RRSP matching
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ZCL is an equal opportunity employer.