This Director, Marketing, Communications and Strategic Initiatives leadership position requires an individual with proven strategy, story-telling, and media experience. The Director provides strategic marketing and communications approaches to create new avenues to support and achieve the goals of the Foundation including:
- Narrative and multi-media content generation;
- Media relations and messaging;
- Business writing for cases of supportand proposals; and
- Marketing and communication strategies and tactics development to support campaigns.
This new position is ideal for an innovative and strategic manager with excellent business acumen who thrives in a results-oriented environment. In this position you will engage with many internal and external partners and contribute to strengthening both health care and community.
RichmondHospital serves the diverse and growing community of Richmond as well astravellers using the Vancouver International Airport and BC Ferries and provides services in Emergency, Maternity, Paediatrics, Diagnostics, Intensive Care, Orthopaedic Care, Coronary Care, Psychiatry, Surgery and Ambulatory Care and more. The Richmond Hospital Foundation raises funds to improve patient care and the life-saving efforts of the Hospital through the generous support of caring individuals, businesses and organizations.
Working closely with the President and CEO and other key members of the team, the Director will develop and deliver a comprehensive blend of communication and marketing strategies to support the goals and objectives of the Foundation. Through strategic thinking and initiatives, the incumbent will heighten the visibility of the Foundation as a highly respected philanthropic organization very worthy of financial support from key donors and other potential funding sources based on a thorough understanding of the Hospital and its services, the Foundation’s current donor base and potential growth areas. He/she will write extensively for media, articles, proposals and cases for support and will develop marketing and communication programs to enhance and broaden the reach to a wide range of donors. Using a broad array of strategies and tactics, the Director will work to effectively position the Foundation with the primary donor target audience, among key stakeholders, and within the general community.
Education & Experience:
- University graduate in business, marketing, journalism or communications or an equivalent combination of education, training and expertise.
- Individual must possess a minimum of ten years combined management experience in marketing and communications including experience in organizations with a significant marketing function.
- Ideally, experience will include strategic planning, writing cases for support, public and media relations, digital and social media,marketing and communications planning, management with hands-on implementation of initiatives.
- Takes a proactive leadership role with colleagues and peers to ensure strategic marketing is implemented across the organization.
- Excellent written skills. Must be a natural communicator with excellent presentation, spoken and communication skills.
- Must possess strong leadership skills, be able to motivate and influence others.
- Must be able to think innovatively, strategically and critically, have excellent judgment and be able to work in a changing environment.
- Proven marketing experience with a diverse range of products is an asset.
- Must be a strong team player, willing to play a supportive role to the senior management team.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Proven project management skills and business acumen.