To define the luxury lifestyle shopping experience through building lasting relationships with our people, customers and partners, the Director, Marketing builds the local profile of Holt Renfrew through the development of strategic marketing plans, charity event partnerships, community involvement and dynamic events at the store to drive traffic and increase sales, while maintaining the Company's overall marketing approach and brand goals.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Leads the function in store by defining, developing, and producing the store marketing programs, charity event partnerships, and local brand initiatives.
- Collaborates with the DVP and national marketing team to ensure the store marketing and promotional strategies drive sales and align within the company marketing approach and brand goals.
- Develop strategic and tactical marketing plans for a variety of Holt Renfrew services and experiences, including (where applicable) Holts Café, spa & salon, concierge, personal shopping, etc.
- Evaluate potential marketing partnerships, sponsorships and other on-going relationships to drive brand awareness, community involvement & increase store traffic to drive customer loyalty.
- Develop event concepts and detail in partnership with store management, national marketing team, and merchants
- Manage public relations & social media presence locally
- Supports the implementation of company programs, procedures, methods and practices to promote key messages and achieve a competitive advantage.
- Develop community relations and marketing outreach programs with community partners (business associations, Tourism, hotels, etc.) to drive traffic into store and increase sales.
- Promote brand awareness and develop key business relationships by attending local events
- Responsible for working with store management to create awareness around all local appearances, major product launches and in-store events.
- Seek out and suggest appropriate networking opportunities and events to store management
- Plan and manage store events and client outreach for the store, in collaboration with the National Marketing team
- Maintain marketing budgets and evaluate spend levels, effectiveness and create recommendations for optimization.
- Ensure alignment of national charitable program at local store level, according to guidelines
- Support the execution of marketing events and public relations, including budget allocations, as per guidelines
- Drive the production process on events, partnering with Marketing team on copy and proofreading merchant/regional event print requests
- Works with store management & national marketing teams on communication of events and event calendar capacity
- Builds strong marketing relations to foster brand loyalty
- Works with the Marketing team on planning and coordination of media attendance at events and interviews (where applicable)
- Build team relations that fosters an effective and productive environment
- In conjunction with store management, actively coach and counsel selling teams to reach their fullest potential and maximize business opportunities
- Work with account executive and store management in proactive recruitment and interview for talent selection
- Support the execution of employee communication programs within the store
- Lead, motivate, develop, and retain a team of high performing employees
The ideal candidate:
- Demonstrated ability to design and execute successful marketing plans
- Excellent track record of driving business performance
- Strong business acumen and ability to identify current and anticipated business needs and provide solutions/recommendation
- Able to develop and maintain highly effective relationships
- University Degree in Marketing Management or related discipline
- 10+ years successful retail marketing, business development experience
- 10+ years successful leadership experience
- Affinity for luxury retail
- Dynamic self-starter
- Ability to travel
All candidates for positions at Holt Renfrew are expected to:
- Inspire with Service
- Lead with Passion
- Own it with Pride
- Earn lasting Relationships
The measures of success:
- Achievement of store sales goals
- Enhanced reputation and growth in brand and store profile
- Leadership behaviours
- Individual objectives tied to the achievement of sales goals