Are you a marketing maven who is looking for that distinct organization that matches your fun, fresh creative energy?
Do you want to oversee a team of award-winning marketing and communications professionals who have helped to create an established and recognizable brand for one of Canada's leading public libraries? Do you want to turn big ideas into action by leading the way EPL promotes our amazing programs and epic events? If so, this is the place for you!
EPL is looking for a creative and dynamic Director, Marketing and Communications to lead EPL’s marketing strategy as we continue to support EPL’s work to engage our customers and positively impact our communities. The Director manages EPL’s marketing functions that encompasses, marketing, communications, design and production services as well as leads system teams as needed including signage and wayfinding, merchandising and events.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership and direction in the development, implementation and evaluation of marketing, communications and design and production plans and strategies to raise awareness of and knowledge about EPL within local communities, all levels of government and the media and to encourage stakeholders to support EPL.
- Direct, support and lead the marketing, communications and design and production resources at EPL.
- Key advisor to the Executive Director, Strategy and Innovation by providing leadership and internal consulting on all aspects of EPL’s visual identity and reputation management.
- Working closely with internal event chairs/leaders, assist in the planning and implementation of major corporate events.
- Provide leadership and direction in market/customer research to support customer-centred service development, delivery and planning.
- Engage, communicate and connect with service point staff regarding overall EPL initiatives and directions.
- Contribute to and collaborate with the Senior Leadership Team in reviewing business plan priorities and resource allocation and other system wide issues.
- Serve as a representative for EPL or coordinate representation in marketing, communications and fund development initiatives in the City of Edmonton.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with differing audiences, including excellent writing, verbal, presentation and listening skills.
- Significant experience developing, implementing and evaluating marketing and communications programs is required.
- Well-developed leadership ability with strong team building, facilitation and problem solving skills.
- Experience with development and management of a large and complex budget.
- Excellent project management, communication, presentation and relationship-building skills.
- A strong customer-service orientation and the ability to lead and collaborate effectively in a team environment.
- Superior problem solving skills, a high level of organizational ability and ability to deal with multiple deadlines and demands.
- Strong decision making skills demonstrated by strategies that move the organization forward, effective goal setting, action plans and evaluation of successes and failures.
- University degree in Marketing (Bachelor of Commerce), Communications (Bachelor of Arts) or a related field with a minimum of eight years of progressively responsible professional experience in marketing and communications, including a minimum of six years of leadership and supervisory and management experience. Graduation from a MBA, MPA or a related masters program is desirable. Equivalencies will be considered.
- Membership in International Association of Business Communications (IABC) or Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS) is desirable.
- Knowledge and understanding of media and government relations.
- Experience working in a public library environment is preferred.
Who We Are:
The secret ingredient for making EPL a magical place is no secret at all; in fact, it's very simple: We share. We share stories, ideas, and experiences. We share with our customers, our communities, and ourselves. We are Edmonton's largest lender of all manner of information and entertainment.
Hours per Week: 35 hours per week
Note: Satisfactory background screening is required for this position, which includes a Criminal Record Check/Police Information Check.
Closing Date: July 31, 2016