The Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for developing and implementing a marketing plan and strategies that effectively position and market United Way on a year-round basis and supports the implementation of the organization’s strategic and annual goals.
The Director plans and leads the implementation and evaluation of strategies for the organization's marketing initiatives. The Director is responsible for overseeing specific marketing channels, and events.
The Director is both a leader and champion of a Marketing and Communications perspective and United Way of the Lower Mainland. The Director is a problem solver, and strives to work collaboratively with all stakeholders. They represent UWLM and local market needs on national initiatives and projects.
The Director of Marketing and Communications will participate as an integral member of the management team
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Annual marketing and communications plan; departmental plans
- Leadership and management of department staff; direct supervision in a unionized environment
- Align and connect local marketing work to national and movement wide initiatives and campaigns
- Community Relations including special events and initiatives
- Oversight of media and public relations
- Oversight of market research
See job description at uwlm.ca for more details.