- Deadline to apply: 05/22/2016
Canadian Pacific (TSX:CP)(NYSE:CP) is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to eight major ports, including Vancouver and Montreal, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of Canadian Pacific.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
As the Director Internal and Marketing Communications you will be accountable for the development, representation and protection of the corporate brand in all communication materials produced by the company. You will develop and deliver the overall communication strategy to the marketplace based on business plans and expected deliverables of the business. All communications initiatives/plans will be based on a measurable Return on Investment for the company.
- Lead the development and production of a quarterly high-end internal magazine;
- Create and implement communications strategies and corresponding materials for Marketing and Sales to align with company goals and create growth. All communications initiatives will be driven by a strong Return of Investment (ROI).
- Communications materials include: marketing communications plans, web content, advertising, executive speaking engagements, trade show participation, customer events, etc;
- Oversee, write for and provide editorial content management for intranet;
- Work with the events team to manage the development and implementation of communications material and execution for several internal major corporate events;
- Provide support and activation in other corporate events and programs including Annual General Meeting, CP Has Heart and sponsorship-centred events;
- Manage the production of broadcast, photography/videography and print materials for internal and external stakeholders;
- Continually improve a strong team of direct reports to produce outstanding results as well as build key relationships beyond the communications team to understand the intricacies of the company and the business. This role requires someone willing to become an expert on CP and railroading.
- Must possess a degree in communications, journalism or marketing or post-secondary equivalent;
- Must have previous journalism, corporate communications and marketing experience;
- Expertise in multiple communications platforms (e.g. print, video, digital);
- Story development and execution as writer and editor;
- Event management;
- Various styles and types of writing: speaking notes, ad copy, news, feature;
- Strategic communications planning;
- Experience working with creative agencies;
- Print production;
- Ability to develop and implement appropriate communication strategy;
- Ability to conduct client need analysis and developing communication plans and solutions;
- Ability to develop, implement and review strategic/business plan and demonstrate capability to produce deliverables and interim deliverables;
- Strong writing and information processing ability;
- Operational/production management capability;
- Strong relationship management and managerial leadership skills;
- Influence, negotiating skills;
- Ability to communicate complex issues to all levels of organization;
- Strong verbal and presentation skills;
- Must be able to work effectively cross functionally.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").