You are a proven leader in developing and delivering experiential marketing programs. You understand what drives stakeholders, how to engage them through creative marketing strategies, and connect them with impactful brand experiences.
You have the experience to leverage existing programs; assess challenges and opportunities; develop solutions; and measure the results. This is combined with a talent in shaping engagement activities and exploring new markets and methods to reach community members. You have successfully lead key projects and teams, and work most effectively in a collaborative, cross-functional setting.
You will build awareness of poverty and related social challenges in the community, and will affect the generation of resources, and growth of reputation for the organization.
Your responsibilities will include managing a team that delivers high-profile engagement programs such as Coats for Kids and Families, Tools for School, Poverty Simulations, Community Speakers and Days of Caring. You will manage relationships with corporate, government and non-profit partners; as well as with volunteer groups. These relationships aid in supporting/sponsoring existing programs, developing new ones, realizing community impact projects, and launching innovative events and activities.
Reporting to the Vice President, Community Engagement, your position works closely with the Director, Communications; and cross-functionally with management team members across the organization.
In terms of professional attributes, you:
- are personally aligned with United Way's mission;
- have a high degree of professionalism and integrity, and are results oriented;
- are a strong project manager with solid written and verbal communication skills;
- are flexible in working style and able to efficiently manage multiple priorities;
- effectively manage relationships that balance the interests of the organization and its partners;
- recognize the contributions and talents of staff, and understand the value of collaboration; and
- are a capable public speaker, comfortable working with media.
Your background includes a degree or diploma in marketing, community program management or a related area. You have a minimum five years of experience in a similar position, with at least three years directly supervising staff; and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position is currently available and will be filled when the right candidate comes forward. Please submit your resume in confidence to the e-mail address on the right.