The Art Gallery of Ontario seeks a new Director, Digital at a particularly exciting and challenging juncture in its evolution The AGO is seeking to increase its visibility as a unique destination for art, creativity, and culture. The AGO’s goal is to ensure that the museum is viewed as a truly creative and innovative centre of excellence—particularly locally, but also nationally, and internationally—in the context of a financially viable operation. Technology generally and digital in particular, will be fundamental to making this happen.
Lead the formulation of a digital identity for the AGO, and in so doing implement a new digital strategy. This will involve overseeing the digital department and its various functions, including website development, collections management, collection digitization, media strategy, technology support in-gallery (in concert with other areas of the institution), and video and photographic production services.
The AGO has done extensive research into best practices and has committed to digital as a key pillar of its future identity. The new Director, Digital will work closely with senior management to shape this vision and to ensure it is fully realized.
- Change Management
- Financial Management
- Creative Direction
- Relationship Management
- Lead the creation of a center of excellence to oversee an analytical hub, allowing the AGO to best leverage limited talent and resources.
- Build a 360 degree customer view, which clarifies our target audience needs and desires, and facilitates our ability to predict, forecast visitor, member and donor behavior (including forecasting attendance).
- Lead the development and implementation of a targeted work plan to digitize our collection and make it accessible to audiences before, during and after their visits to the AGO.
- Experience providing creative direction, an institutional narrative, or marketing strategy digitally.
- Success with implementing and integrating long-term digital strategies which produce measurable results in improving business performance
- Success with observing, assessing and implementing recommendations to improve and replace complex administrative work-flows involving information databases
- Success with introducing and implementing new technologies which create unique visitor or consumer experiences
- Experience assessing the availability of input information to produce valuable analytics from undefined workflows.
- Experience ensuring the accurate collection, analysis and reporting of analytics.
- Ability to think strategically and to deconstruct difficult technological problems and relate issues, potential conflicts, and critical paths to non-technical experts.
- A passion, appreciation and desire to engage with art, and to create new and innovative art experiences
Canadian Citizens and or Permanent Residents of Canada will be considered with priority.
Salary: $120,000 - $160,000 annually, Medical Benefits, Dental Benefits,