Mogo (TSX: GO) is not a bank—by design. We’re a financial technology company that offers convenience, transparency and a more engaging customer experience. Think Uber- and Airbnb-level innovation, but for the finance world. With over 200K members and growing fast, we’re using technology and design to not only transform the way consumers access financial solutions (it only takes about three minutes to create a MogoAccount online), but also empower them to take control of their financial health.
Mogo is looking for a PR & Communications Manager to play a key role on the Marketing team in our Vancouver head office. We are looking for someone who has awesome ideas and can hustle hard to make them reality. Who can think strategically and be a do-er. Who can innovate and accomplish key deliverables with passion. If this sounds like you, get in touch!
What you'll do:
- Dig deep to understand Mogo’s DNA - our goals, our vision, our products and our people
- Help us build media strategy, vendor relationships, internal communication, while partnering with internal content stakeholders
- Fuel Mogo’s PR plans with innovative and creative initiatives while establishing efficient and effective processes
- Tell the Mogo story through press briefings, media sessions and events while managing spokespeople and being the go-to person for journalists and partners
- Create and drive desirable coverage across a broad range of media including consumer, business, and advertising trade outlets
- Create and curate compelling content (you can get rid of our alliterations!)
- Stay on top of the latest trends in FinTech and pop culture to keep all communications current and on-brand
- Use data and communications best practices to continually iterate our PR strategies
- Collaborate regularly with the Marketing and Product teams to align all product and brand initiatives and get ahead of the curve
What you'll need:
- You’re ambitious. You’re entrepreneurial. You stop at nothing to get what you want done.
- A minimum 5 years’ experience, with a combination of both agency and in-house communications experience
- Experience in the finance and/or technology industries a bonus
- Strong relationships within the PR community and the innate ability to create and foster authentic new relationships
- Experience handling media interviews, media training, press conferences, and industry presentations
- Ability to stay organized and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Addicted to working autonomously (yet collaboratively) in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Proven success navigating tricky communications landscapes, ever-evolving strategic initiatives and wrangling a bunch of A-type entrepreneurs
- Excellent communicator with a knack for using simple, compelling words