FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building a kick-ass online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity - Director, BI & Analytics
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the Director, Business Intelligence & Analytics will perform strategic project oriented research, competitive intelligence and data analysis to support the marketing, sales and product team initiatives to grow the business. This role is a strategic role at FreshBooks leading our data analysis efforts across the company. Analysis includes our own data as well as the analysis of our online marketing, advertising and social media activities. Creating data models is a critical part of the role to determine the impact of our marketing spend and enable us to adjust our spends for maximizing both trials and revenue. This senior position is not simply producing data but involves analyzing the data and making clear recommendations that will increase our growth.
You will be:
BI and Analytics
- Analyzing our online marketing activities and spends and making recommendations for improving our marketing performance.
- Creating data models to predict the impact of changes to marketing spend and resulting trials generated and new customers added.
- Measuring the performance and impact of marketing campaigns and recommending changes to our marketing mix.
- Conducting financial data modeling and segmentation analysis.
- Managing and building the Data Science and Reporting Team at FreshBooks
- Collaborating with the Product Development team to build the necessary data infrastructure to support future modelling and reporting of acquisition and growth metrics
- Creating management dashboards and automated reports
- Establishing a predictive revenue model for the business
- Responsible for budgeting and execution of all of our online advertising
- Responsible for of the all SEO optimization efforts at FreshBooks
- Manager of the online marketing team, responsible for hiring, training, performance, planning, compensation of the team members
We think you will be an amazing fit for this role if you have:
- 10+ years experience as an Analyst performing data modeling and segmentation
- Bachelor of Commerce degree and Actuarial degree or other combined relevant education
- Significant expert level experience in Excel, VBA SAS and/or R
- Able to perform queries in SQL and MySQL
- Experience in e-marketing, online marketing and online customer acquisition including Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Google Tag Manager and Optimizely
- Able to work with Business Intelligence Tools such as Tableau, Looker, MicroStrategy and Mixpanel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing and mentoring a Data Analytics and Online Marketing team