The Digital Tools and Data Specialist will drive insights and innovation through our email, web and social properties. You’ll get your hands dirty with email production, data collection and analysis; you’ll grow our list and optimize retention and conversion; and you’ll teach others about analytics, optimization and new and emerging tools.
As a key member of the Digital team, you will leverage your strong understanding of digital best practices to grow our donor base, and drive growth in donation size and frequency. You will also actively engage with other team members to plan and develop acquisition strategies.
- Build, test, and optimize email campaigns;
- Design, develop, manage and analyze A/B tests and segment-based targeting;
- Develop and improve existing email workflow processes;
- Research and stay current on email and testing best practices;
- Lead analysis and reporting;
- Coordinate with team members to optimize acquisition programs using petitions, SEM, and social media;
- Learn our toolset inside and out and mentor and train other staff to ensure redundancy in skillset;
- Assist with digital best practices training;
- Ensure Digital systems follow agreed data standards and naming conventions.
You need to have:
- A strong commitment to building a progressive Canada that works for the many, not the few;
- Hands-on technical marketing and analytical skills;
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills;
- A high aptitude to learn new, complex systems and tools;
- Previous experience with conversion rate testing and optimization tactics;
- Familiarity with mass email platforms and email list segmentation;
- Ability to analyze and understand metrics;
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize competing requests;
- The ability to work quickly and effectively within a fast-paced political environment;
- Some familiarity with basic HTML and CSS, with an interest in expanding these skills;
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
You should have:
- Experience with large-scale online campaigns;
- Knowledge of front-end web development, including for email;
- Experience with Google Analytics, tracking codes, and database organization;
- Email and digital communications best practices.
It would be great if you had:
- Political experience with a strong knowledge of current affairs;
- High-level coding abilities;
- Knowledge of and experience with large-scale databases and CRM as well as data manipulation and analysis (SQL);
- French an asset
- Fast-paced, challenging, dynamic environment;
- An agile, talented and tight-knit team;
- Open-concept office in downtown Ottawa;
- Occasionally unusual hours and periods of higher production output;
- Must be available occasionally on evenings and weekends.