Ever wondered how it would feel to be the center of the universe? Well, we can’t promise you that, but as the digital project manager at Make you’ll be the center of our universe.
You will be responsible for managing the delivery of every project we ship: concepts, creative strategies, stunning videos and media, tech builds, apps and website redesigns. You will carefully shephard each project to ensure that it is completed on time, on budget and at the highest level of quality.
While details are your speciality, you’ve also got a passion for people. Being the key point of contact for both the client and our project team is a very comfortable space for you. You take a calm and collected approach to getting things done, you have a sense of humor and can bring a little fun into the mix.
- 2+ years digital project mangement and agency experience
- Impeccable organizational skills. Project Management requires an inherent knack for spreadsheets, timelines, budgeting and juggling. Every detail is accounted for.
- Excellent communication skills. As a PM you’ll be working with clients and internal teams to help frame and manage project expectations and incorporate a range opinions and constraints into project plans.
- A sense of ownership for everything you deliver. This requires an entrepreneurial spirit, pride in your work, and an ability to set aside egos to build something amazing.
- Experience in digital project management. We need someone who is confident and comfortable with the demands this role and the process of delivering of apps, websites and other digital products.
- Experience with project management tools. At Make we use tools such as Basecamp, Harvest, DoneDone, Gather Content and Adobe InDesign
- Project management training and experience in agile.
- An ability to motivate, support and understand our teams. You can easily work with everyone at Make – from our strategists, to our creative team, to our developers.
- Experience specific to managing the development of large-scale websites. You have a solid understanding of web development technologies, third party applications and platforms, as well as social media platforms.
- Intelligent problem-solving abilities. You have the ability to identify issues and friction points and resolve them before they become problems.
- Have a “thick skin” when the going gets tough. If and when conflicting demands emerge, you communicate diplomatically to reach a resolution.
- A commitment to lifelong learning
- Manage the execution of projects ensuring they are completed efficiently, on time and on budget.
- Create and manage project plans, budgets and timelines.
- Help scope out projects and write proposals.
- Be involved in all project kick off meetings to help determine team strategy, milestones, scope and production schedule.
- Develop working relationships and facilitate communication between clients, 3rd party vendors and internal staff in a timely, professional manner.
- Help anticipate clients needs, ensuring we are creating value and meeting expectations.
- Understand the talent and capabilities, as well as the limitations, of each member involved on any particular job
- Assist with the development of new workflow and production processes for the creative and technical delivery of projects. Help to ensure our processes are inline with the expansion of Make’s service offer and the changing terrain of digital communications.
- Identify emerging methodologies and technologies with potential application in the project management area.
- Be a skilled, creative and confident presenter and negotiator.
- Organise projects using an agile methodology.
- Collaborate with Managing Director, Creative Director, Account Manager and Financial Control Officer to ensure projects are resourced and budgeted effectively.
- Are cool with wearing many hats. You never say “that’s not my job”, rather “I don’t know how, but I’ll try.”
- Participate in company gallery events such as social events, workshops etc.
- Contribute to our blog and social media.
- Always be learning. Want to take a workshop, attend a conference, learn a new skill? Perfect! We’ll help you get there.
And be a positive AND calm influence in the studio. Have fun, get creative, experiment, explore, learn, SHARE and collaborate. Be a leader. Know when to ask for help. Be kind and sincere, but be firm with your expertise. Solutions always. Handle stress with grace. Use the team – we’re all working together toward a common goal.