Fjord Interactive (a division of Cossette West)
Job Description: Producer (aka Digital Project Manager)
Status: Full-time, Contract (6 months to start)
Cossette is an international communications firm with operations in Canada, the United States and the United Kingdom. We are one of the top communications companies in the world, servicing clients locally, nationally and on a global scale. We offer a complete range of leading-edge communication services (including digital marketing, advertising, direct marketing, branding and media planning and buying), to more than 800 clients of all sizes, including some of the most prestigious brands in the world.
Fjord Interactive requires an integrated Producer to join our team and help manage innovative integrative marketing campaigns.
You need to have a big picture view and be comfortable overseeing and managing projects with many moving parts and multiple stakeholders. And all of this within the constraints of fixed budgets and deadlines.
The Producer manages interactive campaigns from kick-off to delivery time, on budget and on brief. The Producer is everyone’s point of person for the project. Clients and internal team members rely on the Producer for everything they need to know about a project: what to expect and what to do next. The role requires a unique combination of web, business and people savvy. A solid agency track record managing global brand clients to develop, plan, and direct customized marketing solutions that are creative and innovative is a must as is the ability to keep a cool head under pressure, and ensure the fun factor is still part of the process.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work with team leads to plan, develop and execute innovative, online marketing campaigns
- Lead the development of complex digital marketing initiatives working with multi-disciplinary project teams through all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Gather and interpret project requirements in order to deploy resources in the most efficient and cost effective manner
- Working with the Director of Production, develop operational procedures to improve workflow and successful project completion
- Manage resource tasking and activity level estimation across project portfolio
- Report status of the project portfolio and how it relates to company and account goals
- Identify trends associated with resource allocation and conduct risk assessments and promote process improvement initiatives
- With Client Lead create profitability snapshots at various phases of projects in order to create benchmarks for future project plans and resource allocation
- 4-6 years experience as a project manager or producer within an agency environment
- Strong background in project scheduling and resource/time estimating
- Ability to guide and direct multi-disciplinary teams to keep them on budget and schedule while continually inspiring them to innovate for our clients
- Have analytical and financial skills in order to forecast and report revenue, expenses, and project completion milestones
- Solid understanding of web production processes; understanding/experience with broadcast or print processes would be an asset
- Ability to work with a direct range of talents, personalities and teams.
- Extensive experience of managing online campaigns including micro sites, banner campaigns, knowledge of ad serving technologies, 3rd party social API’s (Facebook, Twitter etc)
- Ability to work under pressure, within extremely tight deadlines and maintain a good sense of humor, tact and professionalism
- Knowledge of standard project management tools and methodologies, including but not limited to risk management, scope management, change management
- Ability to voice their ideas while respecting others
- An eye for detail
- Enjoys a fast paced environment
- Video production or related background would be an asset
- Mobile development experience and knowledge would be an asset
- A desire to have fun on the job and help create a fun atmosphere while pushing forward with advanced applications in digital advertising
If you have what it takes to be amazing and thrive in this busy agency, we’d like to hear from you!