Methanex is the world's largest supplier of methanol to major international markets. With corporate headquarters in Vancouver, Canada, Methanex is a publicly traded global enterprise with manufacturing, marketing and supply chain capabilities in North America, Latin America, Europe, the Caribbean, the Middle East and throughout the Asia Pacific region.
Methanol is used in a range of industrial and consumer products, from windshield washer fluid to recyclable plastic bottles, plywood floors to paint. The fastest growing markets for the use of methanol are in the energy sector, including direct gasoline blending, dimethyl ether and biodiesel.
Methanex is a Responsible Care company committed to the safe, ethical and environmentally sound management of the chemicals it makes and uses. Responsible
Care is an ethic established by the Chemistry Industry Association of Canada (CIAC). The Responsible Care ethic is an integral part of Methanex’s global commitment to ensuring the well-being of all stakeholders, wherever Methanex does business.
Position: Manager, Digital Media
Reports To: Director, Government and Public Affairs
Do you have a passion for and experience in the digital space? Methanex, the global leader in the methanol industry, is seeking a committed, passionate professional to help reflect leadership in the digital space.
Play an integral role in creating and managing the overall strategic portfolio for Methanex’s digital media endeavours. Apply your extensive knowledge, experience and market expertise to develop and implement an integrated strategic approach to digital media. Liaising with, leading and advising multi-national internal and external stakeholders and managing third-party, cross-vendor relationships, you will shape and lead a new strategic global digital media portfolio that aligns with Methanex’s business strategy and corporate brand.
- Establish and implement a new, comprehensive global digital media strategy for Methanex that incorporates the corporate intranet, corporate website and social media, including the redesign and technology platform upgrades for the corporate intranet and website, and implementation of a strategic social media plan.
- Lead and maintain the corporate website, content management for the sites, management of global content contributors, and training & development for community administrators.
- Initiate, chair and lead the new digital media steering committee comprising senior leaders to oversee management and direction of the digital media strategy at Methanex.
- Drive management and adoption of governance for the intranet, corporate website and social media that includes the creation of required policies (e.g. usage policy), social media monitoring and maintenance, and management of internal audits and reports on quarterly analytics.
- Contribute to the evaluation and management of ongoing technical requirements for the corporate website and intranet to enhance technical and user efficiency.
- Provide strategic advice and assistance to global internal stakeholders, as required.
• A university degree or higher in communications, marketing, business or a related discipline.
Experience and Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Five to 10 years of relevant experience, including three to five years of client-side experience.
- Familiarity with current web user experience, design and agile development standards (e.g. Adobe CS5, IAB, HTML5, MVP, etc.).
- Understanding of and experience in community cultivation and management in the digital space.
- Excellent verbal and written skills; extensive writing and presentation experience at all levels of the organization.
The successful candidate for this position will demonstrate the ability to quickly pick up on technical concepts. He or she is a relentless and versatile learner who is open to change and can analyze both successes and failures for clues to improvement. This person is bright, intelligent and deals with concepts and complexity comfortably, and is described as intellectually sharp, capable and agile by peers.
As a member of the Government and Publics Affairs team, this person can marshal resources (people, funding and material support) to get things done effectively and efficiently. He or she can orchestrate multiple activities at the same time to accomplish a goal and is able to accurately scope out length and difficulty of tasks and projects while setting goals and objectives. This person is able to see ahead clearly and to anticipate future consequences and trends accurately.
In tough times, this person is a settling influence who is not knocked off balance by the unexpected. In resolving problems, this person goes beyond the first answer to look at other possibilities. He or she will be able to decide and act without having the total picture, and does not become upset when things are up in the air. Ideally this person doesn’t have to finish things before moving on, and is comfortable handling risk and uncertainty.