Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education: Bachelor's Degree
As part of the Digital team at GLENTEL Inc., the Digital Marketing Specialist will report to and work closely with the Digital Communications Manager. Working with marketing and sales management, the Digital Marketing Specialist will be a key lead in the development, implementation and overall project management of digital channel communication.
Focusing on support of retail websites, company wide analytics, and support of the evolving CRM program core strengths will be website content optimization, analytics reporting and monthly e-blast projects designed to increase sales for GLENTEL corporate and retail banners in Canada.
- As key lead on the Wireless, Etc website, work with the Digital Communications Manager and Brand Manager to proactively manage web content and ensure it is aligned with the overall brand/organizational objectives and meets current SEO standards for optimization.
- Update, edit and proofread all web content with an eye for detail. Continually monitor the website in a proactive manner to ensure that information is accurate, content is current and pages are free of errors.
- Supports the regular measuring and reporting of digital campaign performance and works closely with agency partners for deeper analysis, testing and page optimization.
- Weekly top level and monthly in-depth website analytics reports for paid and owned media.
- As assigned, work on digital projects as needed including preparation of images, copy, technical specification and coordination of such for implementation by vendors.
- Lead e-mail campaign project management and production at the direction of the Digital Communications Manager. Tasks include coordinating copy, creative and working with media partners checking implementation of campaigns.
- Work collaboratively with vendors, internal stakeholders and the Marketing team
- Meets, and exceeds Marketing goals for website traffic, email campaigns and conversion
- Deliver all digital programs on time, on budget and without error
- Ensures all digital components are consistent with brand guidelines
- Other duties, as required
- Minimum 3-5 years online marketing, CRM and/or digital producing experience
- Post- secondary diploma or degree in Marketing or related field
- Proven experience in playing a supporting role in the planning, execution and analyzing of website, email, social, SEM/SEO initiatives
- Ability to understand how content online is strategized and developed for best optimized results
- Experience with web analytics software Google Analytics require
- Experience writing analytics reports including insights for data
- Understanding of email campaigns and search engine optimization required.
- Excellent written as well as interpersonal communication skills.
- Innovative, self-starter, able to work with limited supervision in a fast paced retail environment
- Flexible, results oriented with strong attention to detail
- Ability to change direction quickly and adapt to frequent change required
- Exceptional organizational skills to manage and prioritize a diverse workload
With headquarters in Burnaby, British Columbia, GLENTEL operates four separate divisions – Retail Canada, Retail U.S., Retail Australia, and Business Services.
GLENTEL's Retail Canada Divisions' retail corporate brands include WIRELESSWAVE, WAVE SANS FIL, Tbooth wireless, la cabine T sans fil, and an authorized Apple specialist brand - MacStation. In addition, it provides retail management services for Costco Canada – WIRELESS etc… and SANS FIL etc… and Samsung.