Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers began as a family-run business in Kelowna, Canada. Three brothers -- Dave, Ken and John -- conducted their first auction in 1958, selling $2,000 of inventory from their furniture store to pay a bank debt. Spurred by success, the brothers began conducting more auctions, eventually progressing beyond furniture and into industrial equipment. Flash forward 50 years, and Ritchie Bros. is now the world’s largest industrial auctioneer. We’re publicly traded on the TSE and NYSE. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, we have over 110 locations in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. We offer stable, rewarding careers for people just like Dave, Ken and John -- people who strive to achieve big goals, and who inspire others to do the same.
What we offer:
Our success is built on the drive, initiative and dedication of our people. As we continue to grow around the globe, there are endless opportunities to advance your career – we’ve proven this throughout our 50+ years in business. And, we’ll help you achieve your own professional goals. Here’s how:
- Base salary plus paid overtime and comprehensive health and dental benefits.
- Group RRSP with company + employee share purchase plan, both with company match.
- Access to our free onsite gym and various types of fitness programs.
- Subsidized onsite Daycare and Cafeteria.
- Access to the employee lounge where you’ll find an Xbox, comfortable couches and a great atmosphere.
- Proximity to Fraser River walking trails.
- Free parking.
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers is currently in search of a Digital Marketing Content Specialist to work within our dynamic and growing marketing team based out of our global headquarters in Burnaby, BC. The Digital Marketing Content Specialist uses their skill and knowledge (HTML, CSS and various tools) to create and maintain content for Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers digital marketing channels including the corporate website: rbauction.com. Collaborating with various marketing groups, the Digital Marketing Content Specialist gains a thorough understanding of the required deliverables in (but not limited too) the following areas:
General areas of focus for the role:
- Accurately update the content of the corporate websites and other digital channels.
- Create and co-ordinate digital banner advertising.
- Create and co-ordinate Marketing email campaigns.
- Create and co-ordinate Marketing land page campaigns.
The Digital Marketing Content Specialist will be required to work along side various groups within the marketing department to execute digital marketing content duties, ensuring the highest quality standards.
Web page design:
- Implement creative and effective layouts for promotional web pages, interactive Macromedia Flash animations, mini-sites, emails, and banners for internal and external Clients while maintaining strict brand standards.
- Work with content that accommodate English copy and other supported languages.
- Identifies and resolves technical issues with assistance from Supervisor, Internet Marketing Execution.
- Implement design and content changes under tight and changing deadlines.
Digital marketing content:
- Accurately update the content of the digital channels.
- Create and co-ordinate banner advertising, marketing emails campaigns and new content for the web.
- Provide assistance with other marketing duties as required.
Planning and coordination of work:
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects within given deadlines.
- Inform internal clients and key stake holders when additional time is required to complete a project.
- Provide internal clients with creative, first, and final proofs for every project and sends publication notifications when tasks are completed.
- Archives resource files for each completed project.
- Aid in documenting changes to processes and statistical information.
- Compile and report on statistical measures.
Teamwork and communication:
- Maintain professional working relationship with internal clients and co-workers.
- Coordinates with the necessary people when implementing changes to existing code or procedures.
- Communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical audiences.
Here’s what you bring:
- Post – Secondary degree / diploma or equivalent experience with an emphasis on marketing, web design or multi-media / graphic design.
- Minimum of 1 years’ related work or co-op experience. Advanced knowledge of HTML.
- Web interface development is an asset.
- Ability to work with dynamic data driven pages is an asset.
- Ability to plan, develop, coordinate and participate in various digital media activities. Expert level knowledge of related software; Photoshop, Dreamweaver.
- Self-motivated and comfortable working effectively and creatively without direction; but also able to work collaboratively in a team-oriented setting.
- Can work in a milestones-driven project with tight timelines and multiple competing priorities.
- Strong problem-solving, trouble-shooting and issue resolution skills.
- A strong work ethic without sacrificing your sense of humour or your ability to have fun on the job.