Full Time Digital Marketing & Social Media Specialist
West Coast Gifts (WCG), a leading wholesale provider of giftware, novelties, and tobacco products is seeking a motivated and creative individual to join our marketing team! Digital Marketing & Social Media Specialist role is responsible for creating and executing a social media strategy to engage and delight our community while also growing our presence across all major social media channels. It is an opportunity for the right individual to have an impact on WCG brands through progressive marketing strategies across all media. This is a full-time, in-house position.
- Help develop WCG’s social media content and engagement strategy, constantly creating new, effective ways to engage our online community.
- Work with internal teams to ensure all online content is fresh, relevant and in alignment with brand standards.
- Present product creatively and interactively in web environment.
- Drive the social media strategy across all platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.) using a combination of creativity and online best practices.
- Instagram- post regularly, engage with and attract new followers.
- Facebook/Twitter- all Instagram posts should be cross promoted on these sites.
- Manage the day-to-day content of WCG’s Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube accounts.
- Write blog posts and enhance key wording.
- Manage day-to-day interactions with our online communities (moderating our social media outlets and interacting with users).
- Have editorial ownership of online media content and ensure that the voice of the organization remains consistent.
- Assist in developing strategies for launching new products and SEO.
- Conceptualization and design of graphic applications such as digital banners, collateral material, as well some online rich media.
- Proactively monitor and promote the use of review sites to cultivate positive views of the company.
- Dive into online analytics (both website and social media) to identify trends that can be translated into actionable online and offline initiatives to drive customer engagement.
- Provide monthly and quarterly reporting for all digital and social media platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Web Design, Journalism, Advertising, Public Relations, Communications or related discipline.
- Identifying opportunities to improve organizational and process enhancements that support SEO;
- Sound business judgment with ability to “think big picture” and understand the key trends and levers that drive the business
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and prioritize dynamically according to business objectives
- Results oriented self-starter, strong work ethic, precise, thorough and focused
- Power user of social media in professional and personal life; you should live and breathe this stuff and have active profiles on all the major networks
- Experience managing an online community
- Excellent writing, editing, and storytelling skills.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, Dreamweaver).
- The ability to develop HTML and CSS.
- Basic understanding of the UI/ UX principles.
- Working knowledge of web and mobile analytics applications (e.g. Google Analytics, HootSuite, Tweet Reach, etc.), as well as general SEO knowledge.
- Working knowledge of website administration and various CMSs, basic graphic design & photo editing skills.
- Proficiency with Magento and Drupal is a plus.
- Someone driven, social media savvy and who can create/manage social media accounts.
- Passionate about all things digital.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to build consensus and partnerships; a team player with the ability to interact with all levels of staff.
- Insatiable desire to learn and stay current with latest digital marketing trends.