Are you looking to make a difference? At Brookfield Residential, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our continued success. As one of Canada’s Top Employers of Choice, you will be part of an inspiring environment where people strive to excel and create the best places for people to call home.
Our goal is to ensure that you have an exceptional experience at work. We nurture an invigorating, positive environment by hiring talented individuals who share our ongoing commitment to success. Your ideas, your solutions and your unique skills will help us make a difference.
Headquartered in Calgary, Brookfield Residential is a well-known and respected land developer and home builder in Alberta with affiliated operations in Ontario and select markets in the USA; specializing in the development of Master-Planned residential communities, residential home building and commercial development. We entitle and develop land to create master-planned communities and build and sell lots to third-party builders, as well as to our own homebuilding division. We also participate in selected, strategic real estate opportunities, including infill projects, mixed-use developments, infrastructure projects, and joint ventures.
We have an immediate opening for a Digital Marketing Manager in our Corporate division. This opportunity requires a results oriented, individual, who thrives on building relationships and accepting new challenges within a fast paced environment.
Reporting to the Director, Marketing and Communications, you will be responsible for developing, delivering, and executing Brookfield Residential’s (Alberta division) digital marketing strategy. You will be responsible for the successful planning and tactical execution through a broad range of appropriate digital marketing channels—including existing websites, online, mobile, social, email, digital ad (all SEM) and SEO—will grow the business through increased awareness, lead generation, lead conversion and brand recognition.
You will be part strategist, part researcher/analyst, part technology application guru, and completely diligent in executing well laid plans. You understand which digital communication channels best convey the brand message or reach the targeted audience and will work closely with internal clients to create digital communication solutions to accompany Brookfield Residential’s overall marketing strategy. Your primary objective is to measurably elevate the company’s digital expertise, presence, and effectiveness.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish and drive the overall strategy, tactical initiatives, planning and execution of digital marketing best practices and standards within the organization.
- Manage digital marketing deliverables including initial planning, implementation, monitoring, optimization, analysis and reporting.
- Work with external media partners, internal marketing management teams, and other Brookfield divisions to develop campaign strategies, tactics, action plans and timelines based on project scope, schedule and budget.
- Ensure completion of projects across site builds, online advertising, social media, SEM and SEO thus maximizing online lead generation and conversions to presentation center traffic.
- Oversee website content by continually monitoring and suggesting improvements.
- Assist with digital aspects of new business development, including presentation development.
- Grow the digital marketing maturity model to include integration with sales and marketing tools.
- Collaborate with Marketing Managers to oversee rich-media successes for digital projects and advertising campaigns from concept to implementation.
- Provide research, analysis, reporting, and recommendations to lead the digital marketing planning process and continually explore best practices and new developments in the digital landscape
- Drive results through defining and delivering digital marketing KPIs.
- Use analytic tools to track, monitor and optimize digital presence, segmentation, and campaigns based on historical performance.
Qualifications & Requirements
- An undergraduate degree in Marketing or related technical discipline.
- 7-10 years of proven experience as a digital marketing manager and/or digital strategist, preferably with 3+ years in an interactive/ad agency environment.
- Knowledge of website architecture design and development, and digital marketing including Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Email & Acquisition Marketing, Social Media Marketing (including working knowledge of social media platforms), and other online advertising.
- Proficiency in web analytics and web metrics required including Mastery of Google Analytics/Web Master tools, scorecards, and dashboards.
- Brand building and demand generation through content - blogs, social, video, web, e-mail.
- Experience with marketing automation software, CRM and lead generation tools.
- Experience with CMS development and integration (Expression Engine preferred) and high-level understanding programming languages such as Java, PHP, CSS, ASP, HTML, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Skills – Power point, Word, Excel.
- Proven leadership, communication, project management, and organizational skills.
- You are a collaborative individual, with the ability to build and motivate teams in order to achieve results.
- Your superior analytical skills enable you to quickly understand information for solid strategic decision-making.
- You have a proven leadership ability to motivate people to accomplish work objectives.
- Your strong organizational and project management skills allow you to meet deadlines on time and within budget and scope.
Brookfield Residential continually strives to be an employer of choice, through rewarding career and development opportunities and a culture based on corporate values and employee involvement. Our competitive compensation and benefits programs reflect what employees value the most, including opportunities to be challenged, an emphasis on work-life balance, flex days, employer matching group RRSP program and a generous tuition assistance program. If you are looking to be part of an award winning and leading organization and meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please submit your cover letter, resume and copies of academic achievements to: