Bennett Jones LLP is a top tier, full service international law firm with offices in Calgary, Toronto, Edmonton, Ottawa, Vancouver, Dubai, Doha, Beijing and Washington. We are proud that Bennett Jones was ranked as the 3rd best place to work in Canada in the 2014 “Best Employers in Canada” in a survey conducted by AON Hewitt. The firm has also been recognized for 2014 as one of "Canada's Top 100 Employers", as one of "Alberta's Top 65 Employers" and a Top Employer for Young People in a study conducted by Mediacorp. The firm has been ranked as one of the top places to work in Canada for 12 consecutive years.
We are currently recruiting for the following role in our Calgary Office:
You are a multi-tasking wizard, and can move seamlessly from Wordpress to inDesign to Final Cut Pro in a single keyboard stroke. Working with our Marketing team in Calgary, Toronto and Edmonton, you will help produce videos, as well as print and social content libraries, and love doing it all. You know what an f-stop is and you will have experience in Final Cut Pro for video editing, and if you are a motion graphics person, we have all the gear you need to film and produce great content. You have the mark of a great content producer, a solid ability to write and express ideas, research content, and independently film and edit to the finished product.
You may think, “why would I consider working at a law firm?” The answer is simple. Our team is full of social media geeks, designers and creative thinkers, and Bennett Jones highly values innovation and creativity. Our work environment closely resembles agency life, but with lots of creative recognition, and without the 18 hour days. In fact, our team has been winning international legal marketing awards for five consecutive years.
We support 380 lawyers in 9 offices in all aspects of Marketing and Business Development, and our Calgary team is housed in a first-class design studio that we helped to design. You will work on the latest and greatest Mac Pro, or if you are PC, the latest and best to ensure maximum productivity. You will also work with our social marketing team to produce timely content, bring great ideas, and understand the importance of analytics to the social and web cycle. You have high emotional intelligence, handle challenges with grace, and love to work with
If this sounds like you, let’s talk.
This position requires an individual with a broad skill set, in the production of Digital Marketing Content (Web/Video/Social). You will also contribute to the production of marketing materials applying our firm brand strategy to all communications and implementing and maintaining brand consistency.
- Document organization and filing system
- Highly organized
- Excellent attention to detail
- A strong team player; demonstration of a positive work ethic
- Ability to multi-task and handle a fast paced work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technical aptitude for learning various computer programs
- Creating training videos, using screen flow and video converter
- Creating, managing and maintaining ongoing web content and graphics for all key practice areas
- Driving all search engine optimization initiatives
- Assisting with production of marketing materials (both print and web based) including advertisements, brochures, newsletters, booklets, invitations, signage, proposals, etc.
- Managing multiple projects to ensure deadlines are met
- Communicating effectively, and in a timely manner, with clients and other members of the Marketing team
This role will require a positive attitude and an ability to work independently but integrate into a close team environment meeting task deadlines in a fast-paced atmosphere. You will possess the ability to juggle multiple priorities and will thrive in a client service environment. Your attention to detail and ability to proofread will be exceptional, as will your written and verbal communication skills.
You will have proven video and social content experience, and will also have graphic design experience creating forms, templates, technical documents, reports, posters, fact sheets and promotional items.
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, inDesign)
- Final Cut Pro/Apple Motion
- Adobe Premier/AfterEffects
- HTML Invitation software (ie. Vuture, Concep, MailChimp, Marketo, HubSpot, Eloqua or equivalent)
- CMS Experience (i.e., Wordpress, Ektron, Magnolia, Sharepoint, or equivalent)
- Social Media (i.e., Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Google Analytics, Twitter, Facebook, Uberflip, Cover It Live, etc.)