We’re BC Hydro and we have a big job to do.
Keeping the lights on for over 4 million people across the province takes a lot of talented people doing many different jobs. From working deep in a generating station, atop a power pole, or behind a desk, whatever it is that makes you tick we offer challenging careers to help you reach your potential.
We’re investing more than $2 billion per year in major capital infrastructure projects to help meet the growing demand for safe, reliable power. We’re upgrading transmission lines, building new substations, and investing in our hydroelectric generation facilities. We aim to provide meaningful and challenging work, opportunities for growth and a healthy work/life balance. We’ve been recognized for excellence and been named one of B.C.’s Top
Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers for four years in a row.
It's our vision to be the most trusted, innovative utility company in North America by being smart about power in all we do.
- As the Digital Marketing Advisor, you will be joining progressive, agile team with a passion for driving results and improving the digital experience for BC Hydro digital communications. This new role will be pivotal in driving transformative change to how we deliver and optimize our campaigns, marketing, and customer digital experience. As the Digital Marketing Advisor you will be responsible for developing and leading the analytics program for Digital Communications by defining and implementing measurement strategies; producing meaningful marketing KPI dashboards and delivering monthly, cross channel performance reports with actionable insight.
- Reviews and analyzes digital and marketing analytics and data, website and digital channels performance (email, social etc.), web analytics and customer feedback data and reports; discusses and recommends digital communications product/services plan revisions as required; implements approved recommendations.
- Conducts and oversees market segmentation, competitive and situational analytics to provide a basis for prioritizing long and short term digital communications efforts by; collecting, tracking, analyzing and communicating insights, data, and recommendations around website behaviour, marketing campaigns, and social media; analyzing research and data analytics to evaluate market trends and opportunities; interpreting the needs and online behaviours of distinct customer segments.
- Develops digital experience & digital marketing plans, strategies, goals, targets and forecasts targeted at specific market segments; identifies products/services to offer to various segments; coordinates development of promotional/advertising programs;
- Discusses and provides support in the development and/or roll out of products, services, tactical plans, market matrix and product with the product life cycle staff; participates in facilitating andcoordinating the delivery of products and services to targeted market segments.
- Provides the team with knowledge and training to help evangelize and support data-informed decision making; provides thought leadership in areas of digital analytics and digital strategy and provides mentorship and direction for team members and other cross-functional teams across the organization.
- Provides leadership and direction for the digital analytics needs for digital communication and digital marketing campaigns when working with external vendors and agency partners; this may include departmental annual management plan and budgets; monitoring campaign performance metrics and ongoing channel performance as well as setting expectations and standards for tracking methods.
- Digital Marketing performance management, product and service planning, digital strategy and tactical plan development and implementation, advertising, communications, sales and promotional techniques, business and staff management, financial analysis, presentation techniques, problem solving, planning, organizing, controlling and expediting knowledge is typically acquired through completion of a university degree in Commerce or Business with a Marketing major.
- 5 plus years of progressively more responsible marketing experience conducting market segmentation, competitive and situation analysis plus a well-developed knowledge of, market intelligence/research, data analytics and digital marketing.
- Well-developed oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills. Demonstrated proficiency in the use of various computerized analysis, productivity and other tools and application software.
We're always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation to help shape the electricity system in B.C. It's an exciting time to be a part of our team as we invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our values guide our work. Want to join us?
We are safe.
We are here for our customers.
We are one team.
We act with integrity.
We respect our province.
We are forward thinking.
BC Hydro is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Don't forget to update your Candidate Profile with your current resume and copies of your certifications. If applicable, include your Trades Qualification. This will ensure we have all the necessary information to assess your application without any delays.
Click on the Apply button in order to complete the steps to apply for this job.
Interested candidates should submit their applications online at https://app.bchydro...t_opp.html by July 20, 2018.