The ideal candidate will have extensive consumer web, digital, social-media, SEO, content strategy and relaunch experience, as well as an interest in interior design. A post-secondary education, presentation skills and writing and management experience are also required. (Bilingualism and online sales experience are assets, but not musts.) Experience with content management systems (CMS) such as Drupal, WordPress, Joomla or Moveable Type and Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point/Keynote for Mac computers is a must. The Digital Director will report directly to the General Manager/VP, and liaise with the Web Team, Sales, Print, iPad, TV/Video, Creative Services, Circulation and other departments of House & Home Media.
- Manage and mentor digital-content team in Toronto and Montreal
- Develop and oversee overall content and user-experience strategy for Houseandhome.com, Maisonetdemeure.com and other H&H digital offerings, working with the web development, IT, iPad and Online TV/Video teams
- Develop creative online RFP ideas for sales, attend presentations as required and oversee execution of digital promotional campaigns
- Oversee social-media and blogger-relations strategy and digital promotions
- Work with General Manager, Publisher and all departments