Digital Creative Director
Located in the middle of nowhere and at the centre of everything, we see the world around us with nothing standing in our way (it helps that there are no mountains). This unique vantage point helps us have the clarity to solve any business problems with ingenuity and creativity.
Who are we? We are a forward-thinking, data-driven, results-based creative agency (isn’t that a mouthful?). Through our focus on custom solutions using the latest technology, we find success in a multitude of areas.
As Digital Creative Director you are a champion of highly conceptual thinking and thought leadership in all areas of digital.
You are a possibility thinker, and you focus on ‘what if’s’ and opportunities to do what has not been done before, regardless of digital medium, you champion this kind of thinking in others. You push the boundaries of what digital means as it relates to LMNO and what we create for ourselves as well as our clients. Your perspective is not to worry about how to do something, but the drive to make something happen. If there is not an immediate solution, you look to create one or know that you can tap others to find one.
Part inventor and part problem-solver, you look to put the user experience at the forefront of ideas that you come up with. Not limited to one medium, you champion the integration of multiple disciplines, recognizing that in the integrated world we live in, digital transcends a computer screen and is not in any way simply relegated to static online display ads or website design/development.
You define, create, design, describe, and passionately champion others to work in unconventional ways. You work collaboratively with a team of Creatives, Media Specialists, Search experts, and Social Media Specialists. You have the ability to make decisions based on data and instinct and bring forward ideas and solutions to problems that no one knew needed to be solved.
What You’ll Do
- Act as a key member of LMNO’s creative leadership team with a focus on short, medium, and long-term goals in the area of innovation and technology to develop LMNO’s overall portfolio as well as help clients see inventive, creative and measurable results in work we create for them with the emphasis on digital.
- Demonstrate an obsession with ideas, passionate about pushing digital boundaries, and driven by the notion of “what if?”, you continually develop out-of-the-box ideas using digital and data as core elements to the execution of the idea.
- Promote high-quality work from all teams.
- Lead and inspire the blend of art and digital, resulting in memorable experiences, commerce and transactions that delivers on core KPIs.
- Demonstrate an understanding consumer behaviour and action in the digital ecosystem determining what that complete user experience is.
- Build the team that can realize the opportunities identified.
- Collaborate with internal LMNO teams, as well as partner organizations and freelancers.
- Explore e-commerce platforms and how they can help to create new opportunities and value for LMNO and our clients.
- Demonstrate a passion and interest in future technologies (i.e.) blockchain, crypto currencies, NFTs, semantic web/web 3.0, AI, AR, Machine Learning) and hardware (i.e.) Oculus, wearables, new digital interfaces).
- Within a campaign environment, champion the team to explore solutions ‘unique to digital’ to enhance the overall campaign content which could include traditional media, social, experiential, etc.
What You Bring
- 7+ years experience working in a Digital Creative Leadership role
- A strong portfolio of thought-provoking, idea-based work
- Experience in digital marketing and media, experience in leading brand development through omni-channel marketing (social, web, digital, apps, experiential, events, OOH, etc.)
- Strong leadership experience including mentoring and team building know-how
- Hands-on experience in a variety of creative disciplines: art direction, design, copywriting and/or video production, a strong foundation in digital design and ideation
- Demonstrated creative conceptualization skills and basic understanding of digital technical skills
- Experience in providing creative quality control over concepts and execution
- Ability to consistently create digital ideas, ads and content
- A network of freelancers with whom you work would be considered an asset
- A keen interest in emerging consumer trends, data, technologies and industry news
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong knowledge and passion for culture, sub-culture and counter-culture
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
We can’t wait to meet you!
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!