The Customer Transformation department has an exciting opportunity for a Digital Content Writer. Our group is responsible for the planning, operation and effective governance of ICBC's portals and digital channels, ensuring positive online experiences for customers, business partners and employees in support of corporate priorities. This includes continuous improvements to the design, functionality and content of ICBC's portals and digital channels.
The Digital Content Writer creates compelling and engaging copy for multiple channels, including web sites, email campaigns, social media and video, while supporting distributed authors throughout the organization and managing the growth and maintenance of content across ICBC's digital communication channels.
To succeed in this role, you need to be a words person who is hungry to build on your considerable experience writing for the web and social media. You're ready to embrace this unique opportunity to write for a broad range of external and internal audiences – ICBC's customers, business partners and employees – through our suite of digital channels, ensuring the ICBC story is told in a compelling and consistent voice. You're highly self-motivated, and you also love to work as part of a high-performing team. You have a passion for perfection and the experience to teach content authors from other business units and review their work prior to publishing on SharePoint, our CMS. Based on your experience and understanding of leading practices in effective web content, including usability, IA and analytics, you're able to offer constructive insights and recommendations both within the team and to cross-functional business areas.
- Create compelling copy to engage and inform internal and external audiences, in a variety of styles across all digital channels
- Author and publish on our SharePoint CMS
- Train distributed authors throughout the company on web writing best practices, ICBC standards for content and authoring in SharePoint
- Review and edit the work of distributed authors to maintain consistency in design, terminology and tone of content, as well as compliance with corporate brand standards
- Interpret client requirements and provide advice on the best approach to meet business objectives
- Perform various analyses related to online content, including traffic and usability, using analytics to consistently improve
- Maintain governance standards for content, including scheduled audits and reviews
- Work effectively on cross-functional teams
- Plan priorities and adapt to changing demands and schedules
The ideal candidate is dynamic and innovative, capable of building and maintaining strong and effective relationships with strong interpersonal and communication skills. A proven track record of success with several years of related direct and indirect experience is required. Knowledge of the following areas is also required:
- Principles and practices of writing and editing for digital media
- Online measurement strategies, tools and technologies
- Corporate business functions and activities to support content creation and business objectives
- Departmental, industry, and brand standards and guidelines
- Principles and practices of engaging users through social media
The above requirements would typically be met through completion of post-secondary education in communications, business writing, journalism or public relations and a few years of related experience in progressively more advanced positions where experience writing and editing for the web using website content management systems has been gained.