Digital Content Strategist
Two (2)-Year Contract
Want to help re-build an incredible resource that reaches millions? Have a passion for creating and managing content that has real impact? Keen on clean, smart, informative writing? Tell us about you.
The Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) is seeking a Digital Content Strategist in the Investor Office to lead and advance the redesign and redevelopment of GetSmarterAboutMoney.ca and other investor education digital properties. The redesign will be based on a thorough understanding of business objectives, user needs and current best practices in information architecture and design. GetSmarterAboutMoney.ca is one of Canada’s most popular financial education websites, with hundreds of free articles, tools, calculators and other resources to help people with their finances.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Manager, Investor Engagement and Outreach, and the project team to build an overarching content strategy and a content audit plan. Provide leadership to the project team to develop criteria for content redevelopment with consultations with internal and external stakeholders, based on approved information architecture and best practices for information design and usability.
- Develop information architecture based on current structure, and application of best practices in financial and regulatory information design.
- Develop methodology for content classification, taxonomies, workflows, metadata, and styles for digital content, and establish a content governance framework to facilitate ongoing review and revision for the future.
- Produce all content strategy deliverables, including a comprehensive content audit and inventory, content classification, gap analyses, taxonomies, workflows, metadata frameworks, style guides and page tables. Develop framework for content classification and tagging, and identify and recommend appropriate internal processes and systems to implement classification and tagging.
- Offer strategic advice and guidance as a subject matter expert on content design and help oversee work of external vendors on site architecture and content planning.
- Proactively identify content opportunities, exploring ways to edit existing content throughout the site for a better user experience and up-to-date information for investors.
- Ensure investor education content utilizes best practices for web writing, improving the user experience, and adheres to accessibility standards and French language requirements.
- Develop, implement and manage search engine optimization (SEO) in online content by conducting keyword research, building links, and making strategic improvements to web content.
- Advise on SEO and page rankings aligned with public and private sector benchmarks.
- Work with OSC staff in other branches, as necessary, to identify policies and procedures relating to web vendors and content partners for sourcing.
- Work with the Information Security Branch to ensure compliance with information security policies.
- Senior-level expertise gained through experience or education in content marketing, including development/oversight of digital content strategy and writing/editing for the web and other digital channels.
- Relevant experience with information architecture, user experience (UX) and design, and a clear understanding of web and usability standards.
- Demonstrated ability to lead content strategy across the entire web development process.
- Excellent project management skills, specifically in large-scale digital content management.
- Ability to multitask with a high degree of tact and to exercise good judgment and business acumen.
- Ability to analyze a large volume of complex information, and develop logical structure and processes to organize and optimize the user experience.
- Knowledge of personal finance and investing topics.
- Experience with accessibility testing and working knowledge of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), relevant government directives and technical policies.
- Thorough knowledge of SEO best practices as it relates to keywords and content.
- Experience using web content management systems to produce and publish content (WordPress, Drupal, PolyLang).
- Experience with iFrame, Plugins, Chatbot technologies and AI plugins for the leading content management systems in the market.
- Knowledge of SEO tools, optimization tactics, testing and web analytics (e.g. Google Analytics).
- Experience in financial or regulatory environment is an asset.
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course is an asset.
- French language skills are an asset.
The Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) is the statutory body responsible for regulating Ontario’s capital markets in accordance with the mandate established in the provincial Securities Act and the Commodity Futures Act. The Commission’s mandate is to provide protection to investors from unfair, improper or fraudulent practices, to foster fair and efficient capital markets and confidence in capital markets, and to contribute to the stability of the financial system and the reduction of systemic risk. This mandate is performed through policy, operational, adjudication and enforcement work. The OSC also contributes to national and global securities regulation development.
The Investor Office is a regulatory operations branch of the OSC created in 2015. The Investor Office sets the strategic direction and leads the OSC’s efforts in investor engagement, education, outreach and research. The Investor Office also has a policy function, plays a key role in the oversight of the Ombudsman for Banking Services and Investments (OBSI), and provides leadership in the area of behavioural insights and improving the investor experience.
Investor Office staff strive for excellence in everything we do. We are not satisfied with simply checking the box.
Grow your career and make a difference working at the OSC!
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!