Roland is a world leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of electronic musical instruments, professional audio equipment, multimedia products and music accessories. The Roland brand family includes Roland, BOSS and V-Moda. Roland’s impressive line of products includes, but is far from limited to, guitar effects pedals, electronic percussion, acclaimed digital pianos, synthesizers, digital mixers and music production hardware.
Reporting to the Marketing Communications Manager, the Digital Content Specialist will support Roland Canada’s inbound and outbound marketing activities with a primary focus on content creation and managing Roland Canada’s online social properties. The Digital Content Specialist must be a creative and organized individual possessing a multi‐faceted skill‐set with a specialization in social and digital media. Additional experience in graphic design, administration and other facets of online marketing required. Musical experience an asset.
- Content creation; blog posts, social media posts, Instagram videos, infographicsetc
- Manage Roland Canada's social media sites, campaigns and day‐to‐day activities while interacting with each social network on a regular basis to keep communitiesengaged.
- Coordinate daily messaging of social media platforms as reflected in Roland Canada’s brand campaigns and contentcalendars.
- Monitor and measure the impact of Roland Canada's social media programs and analyze, review and report on the effectiveness of these campaigns in order to maximizeresults.
- Monitor trends in social media tools and applications and appropriately apply that knowledgeto increasing Roland Canada's social media presence and overalleffectiveness.
- Draft and publish Roland Canada's e‐newsletters and report oneffectiveness.
- Consider and support the integration of digital and grass roots marketingactivities.
- Contribute to the maintenance of Roland Canada's CRM and CMSsystems.
- Contribute to the maintenance of Roland Canada's various websites by organizing content, creating custom landing pages and managing ongoingupdates.
- Manage and maintain graphics files including logos, photos andart.
- Coordinate the activities of external marketing suppliers such as print houses, designers, web programmers andconsultants.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 1‐2 years marketing experience preferably with a digital focus.
- Post‐secondary diploma or degree in Marketing or relatedfield.
- Musicalbackground preferred
- Ability to speak and write Frenchpreferred
- Active user and participant on multiple social mediaplatforms.
- Ability to function well in a creative, open, teamenvironment.
- Experience with email marketing platforms such asMailChimp.
- Excellent written communication skills and a very high attention todetail.
- Experience with online content publishing and web authoring software such as Dreamweaver.
- Knowledge of SEO andSEM.
- Good working knowledge of Google Analytics and GoogleAdWords.
- Experience with CRM and content management systems, preferablyMicrosoft.
- Experience liaising with marketing agencies and outside servicepartners.
- Exceptional organizational skills to manage and prioritize a diverseworkload.
- Experience with design programs such as Photoshop would bepreferred