At The NOW Group, we sell things money can’t buy. Ideas. Causes. Change.
For over 30 years, we’ve been working with non-profits, unions, and progressive leaders to create award-winning integrated campaigns. A full-service agency, our team makes a big impact with our clients, working across Canada in social marketing, advertising, communications and electoral campaigns.
Ideally candidates are based in Vancouver, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa or Montréal, where we currently have other staff – but all candidates will be considered.
We’re looking for the kind of person who understands how the lines between online and offline communication have blurred. How a crowd of engaged supporters can be at least as valuable as any ad buy. How data-driven campaigning is changing the way we reach and persuade people to support various causes.
You’re a team player, and enjoy collaborating with larger project teams, and then rolling up your sleeves to take the reins and make it happen.
You can pull together a powerful digital and social campaign – both paid and organic – that mobilizes people, is integrated with other tactics, amplifies the message, builds databases and converts clicks into tangible results for good causes, because it’s something you’ve done before.
You can write persuasive copy that moves people to action, whether it’s to click a link, call a number or cast a ballot. You can build the videos and graphics with our clients feel and tone in mind.
You believe in measurable outcomes: both as a way of accurately gauging a campaign’s impact, and because that impact can make a real change in people’s lives.
You have a sense of humour about yourself and others. There’s a lot of laughter at NOW – and we like it that way.
About the job
Working with clients and account managers, you will manage multiple social media and digital campaigns from start to completion. As a core part of NOW’s team, you’ll bring your digital expertise to campaigns — from development to execution and analysis for both stand-alone and integrated online ad buys.
In collaboration with your NOW colleagues, you’ll be responsible for:
- implementing and managing all paid digital and social media ad campaigns, measuring and reporting on campaign impact.
- using our online graphic design platform to create, layout and design animated display ads (ie., social videos, static and HTML5 ads).
- identifying content requirements and creative specifications to provide appropriate content to support campaigns.
- coordinating and guiding clients through social account handshakes.
- planning and executing engagement strategies integrating social channels, email, paid social promotion, mobile channels, online display advertising and other digital channels.
- deriving insights from each campaign and applying it to build a body of knowledge to improve engagement and persuasion.
- recommending digital products that help clients move step by step into more data-driven campaigning.
- keeping up-to-date on any news or events that may impact the message/tone of client messages
- participating in and supporting the development of our internal social content
You may also be asked to stretch your creative muscles in creative concept development and video production support. Working with our internal creative team, you’ll manage creative revisions and partner feedback at every stage of digital ad production.
- Experience in managing paid digital and social media campaigns a must
- Thorough understanding of social marketing and demonstrated knowledge of digital analytics
- Knowledge of a range of online social platforms including paid advertising and digital engagement tools
- Minimum two years of digital and social media campaigning experience, specifically managing social media ad dashboards
- Superb skills in written and oral communication
- Very high level of initiative and self-directed work combined with a collaborative approach
- Proven ability to work well under the pressures of tight deadlines and shifting tactical landscapes
- Experience with Adobe Suite (Premier, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
- Experience and/or fluency in Canva and Creatopy are an asset