The Air Line Pilots Association, International (ALPA), the largest airline pilot union in the world and the largest non-governmental aviation safety organization in the world (representing over 74,000 pilots at 40 U.S. and Canadian airlines) seeks an experiencedDigital Content Coordinator for our office in Mississauga, Ontario. The Digital Content Coordinator provides digital content strategy, execution, and project coordination to advance and support the Air Canada Master Executive Council’s (MEC’s) Communications Committee and the Association’s Communications Department’s digital goals through content editing, posting and maintenance of MEC websites, email communications, social media channels, and other ALPA platforms. They support the mission, vision, and values of the MEC and the Association and, in all efforts, seek to enhance the image of both.
Day-to-day, they amplify and deliver communications on behalf of the MEC, Local Executive Councils (LECs), and MEC-based committees by regularly updating content on MEC websites, assisting in sending mass emails to members, and assisting in social media promotion, all while working closely with MEC Officers, other MEC Communications and IT staff, as well as colleagues in other offices. Recurrent responsibilities include, and are not limited to, content and digital strategy, email design, maintenance, and project management.
Interested applicants will be requested to submit online portfolio link(s) showing previous work.
Local travel: 5 - 10%.
ALPA is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in a safe workplace. We prohibit discrimination, harassment and harmful behavior of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or other protected characteristics, including Aboriginal peoples and visible minorities, as outlined in federal or provincial laws. We highly value everyone and all are encouraged to apply, including minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant area, e.g., Digital Media, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Political Science, or related field, preferred, from an accredited college or university; or, the equivalent combination of education and practical experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience and demonstrated expertise in digital content strategy, website development, and/or digital design, five (5) or more years strongly preferred.
- Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS) and controlling page content to communicate goals digitally.
- Proficiency in HTML, CSS, and familiarity with other markup and/or programming languages preferred.
- Ability to create and display content with Responsive Web Design (RWD).
- Experience with email platforms and Microsoft Office suite strongly preferred.
- Ability to quality control text documents for distribution on web and email platforms.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written, for effective interaction with internal staff, external contacts, and pilots.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, take direction from multiple sources, and meet deadlines.
- Experience designing within the Adobe Creative Cloud preferred.
- Strong writing skills with command of grammar, syntax, and usage.
- Strong proofreading skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to understand and decipher information and documents of a technical nature.
- Experience working with audio and video editing software a plus.
- Ability to test and troubleshoot software.
- Familiarity with new technologies and software for enhancing text, photographs, and graphics strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of labour-related issues preferred.
- Assist in leading project work with vendors and consultants as needed.
- Working proficiency in both English and French strongly preferred.
- Software: Proficiency in Content Management Systems (CMS). Proficiency with Adobe Suite for web publishing and graphic design including Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Adobe XD, and Dreamweaver. Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
Note: The physical demands described herein are characteristic of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential physical activities of this position described below.
Constantly operates a computer/smartphone/tablet. Vision, corrected or uncorrected, must be acute and discriminating. Regularly required to maintain a stationary position for long periods of time; move about the office and the local metropolitan area; determine what others have said or written; and, converse with others and exchange accurate information.
Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, and move about the office. May also include occasional bending, stooping, squatting, and/or pushing and pulling or moving, e.g., to pack and/or move the shipping cases.
Occasionally required to move, raise, reach, and/or retrieve binders, books, boxes, and files up to ten (10) pounds (lbs.). While on travel, could be responsible to move, raise, reach, and/or retrieve luggage weighing as much as 50 lbs. (Assistance may not always be available.)
ALPA offers competitive salaries with enhanced benefits, including:
- 27 days paid vacation and holidays per year plus 2 volunteer days per year;
- generous sick and bereavement leave;
- company-paid premiums for family supplemental health care (supplemental medical, dental, prescription, and vision for employee, spouse, and dependent children), life insurance, and long-term disability insurance;
- Education Assistance Program; and,
- Non-elective employer contributions of 13% made to individual RRSP account after 180 days of employment.