Employment Status: Term full-time, 12 months, with possibility of renewal
Careers are Built at Brock.
As a Top Employer in Hamilton-Niagara, Brock University offers unique opportunities in leadership, teaching, research, student support services, and administration. We have a history of developing the strength and career potential of our employees.
We are on the cusp of something new and exciting. We are launching into our next 50 years and are looking for people with passion, energy, and a strong desire to help our students achieve their goals.
Experience Brock, experience success.
A Day in the Life…
Reporting to the Manager, Client Services, the Digital Content Coordinator works with the ITS team to facilitate the development of training materials including how-to videos, job aids, support documentation and in-person and online workshop material. The incumbent will also become the primary Client Services SharePoint support contact for departmental and team sites.
As the Digital Content Coordinator you will:
- Collaborate with the ITS team to develop training materials, job aids and online tutorials to support the rollout of new applications, leveraging multimedia tools.
- Develop FAQs and support documentation for ITS released applications.
- Review and implement innovative solutions for delivering content.
- Develop training videos, including recording, editing and publishing.
- Gather Brock user community IT training requirements and provide recommendations for the development of support and training materials.
- Assist in the development of learning objectives for IT training programs.
- Collaborate with ITS staff to develop annual training program and identify subject matter experts and trainers to deliver content.
- Schedule workshops, arrange session logistics, confirm trainers, track registration, and program attendance.
- Develop content and facilitate training programs, as assigned.
- Serve as the primary support person for production SharePoint sites, working with Site Owners to troubleshoot site issues including permissions, sharing, workflow and recovery.
- Act as the SharePoint Liaison between Site Owners and ITS technical staff.
What you Need to Succeed…
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in multi-media, web design, communications or a related field.
- A minimum of one year of experience in multi-media (video, photo, web design and presentation).
- Working knowledge of instructional design theory and implementation.
- Ability to develop and deliver technical training both in-person and online.
- Creative web design skills, including the ability to develop or adapt photography, video and marketing communications materials for an electronic communications environment, using Adobe Creative Suite or a similar product.
- Understanding of the web development process, including demonstrated experience in dealing with cross-browser and cross-platform issues.
- Basic knowledge and experience in graphic design.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft desktop products.
- Experience developing job aids and online tutorials.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong facilitation skills, with the ability to deliver training sessions.
- Ability to exercise tact, professionalism, diplomacy and confidentiality in stakeholder interactions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences, including technical and non-technical groups.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to apply emerging technology and communication practices.
- A self-starter with creativity to solve problems both independently and collaboratively.
- Experience with OSX and Windows is an asset.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint and WordPress would be an asset.
Experience the Benefits of Working at Brock.
Learning and career development are natural elements of an academic environment. At Brock, career development is ingrained in our culture. On average, 45- 60% of our hires are a result of internal movement**. Our Senior Leadership, Staff, and Faculty help drive our collaborative culture. Learn more about how our employees feel about their employment experience at Brock University by visiting www.brocku.ca/careers/testmonials.
** 2016 metrics
Salary and Benefit Information
- J $41,793 to $61,785*
- This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage, including tuition waiver.
* The salary range indicated is representative of all positions evaluated at this level. Actual salary is determined by assessing related skills, experience, internal equity and market competitiveness, subject to available budget.
Brock University is actively committed to diversity and the principles of Employment Equity and invites applications from all qualified candidates. Women, Indigenous peoples, members of visible minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants and the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the selection process, as outlined in the Employee Accommodation Policy (https://brocku.ca/we..send/39939). Please advise Melanie Kopac, Sr. Talent Acquisition Consultant, email@example.com to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated through this process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
It is Brock University’s policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
Apply by June 27, 2017.
Interested candidates can submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations.
We appreciate all applications received; however, only candidates selected for an interview with be contacted.