TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is accepting applications for the contract position of: Digital Community Producer.
TIFF is dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema to film lovers in our home TIFF Bell Lightbox. Our aim is to become a creative, community and global leader, and one of the world’s premiere organizations in the discovery and understanding of film. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be a part of our ever growing team, and be part of Toronto's cultural history.
Reporting to the Director, Content Management and working closely with the Content Management, Programming, Social Media teams and external partners/creators, the Digital Community Producer will oversee the planning and execution of film related content for TIFF’s online community hub. S/he will be responsible for maintaining a content plan for daily content posts and curation to promote the growth of an engaged film community on TIFF’s website.
- Create and maintain a content plan for TIFF’s film community hub
- Work with Director, Content Management as well as other members of TIFF’s Digital Committee to define and refine strategies for TIFF’s film community hub
- Work with Programming to plan for content related to current and future film programming/exhibitions as relevant
- Work with Content Management, Programming and Social Media to ensure plans for the hub are communicated and then integrated across all applicable mediums
- Work closely with the Content Management team to ensure content is best utilized across tiff.net
- Supervise the Digital Community Content Creator and work with them to plan for and execute daily updates to TIFF’s digital film hub (writing, images and video)
- Post/Curate film related content in various categories/for various audiences as required
- Create and post video/audio/picture content as required
- Work with Content Management and Social Media teams to create and post content for Festivals and Events as required
Contract Dates: July 28, 2014 to December 31, 2014
- University or College Degree/Diploma in Film, Communications, New Media or similar program
- Proven ability to strategize and create plans that leverage content to engage audiences
- Solid understanding of how to share and market content through social media
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work effectively under pressure / time constraints
- Creativity, strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must!
- Knowledge of film
- Strong writing skills
- Proven ability to produce content and regularly engage an audience
- Experience shooting/editing video and photos
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite 6 an asset
- Adaptive to flexible work schedule as including some evenings and weekends