Position Title: Digital Channel Specialist
Reports To: Manager, Audience Development
Salary Range: $60,314.80 - $73,291.40
Location: Toronto, Yonge & Eglinton (on the Yonge subway line)
TVO is at a unique intersection of education, journalism, digital technology, broadcast, and philanthropy. As creators of award-winning content, we’ve been inspiring learning that changes lives and enriches communities since 1970. Our vision is to be a globally recognized digital learning organization.
What’s in it for you
When it comes to learning, we walk the talk: it’s the cornerstone of everything we do, and each one of us invests deeply in our own learning while elevating each other’s knowledge – whether through peer-to-peer learning, workshops or lunch & learns. You’ll work with folks who are thrilled and driven by the digital learning and media landscapes. Roll up your sleeves and work cross-functionally with great teams where collaboration is the beating heart of all that we do. We’re a tight-knit community and we’re just the right size, meaning that you’ll get to meet and work with people from across our organization, at all levels – the ones who have been here for 10 months, 10 years, and well beyond. Maybe you’ll even get to meet Polkaroo.
Who we are
TVO is poised for its next chapter as we embark on the next phase of strategic planning. We know we are a better organization when we honour our commitments, when we thrive with diverse voices, when we value bold thinking, and embrace change. We understand and celebrate that we are better, together.
We are proud and thrilled to be named a Greater Toronto Top Employer of 2022! This is a testament to the incredible work we do, every day, and the impact that we have on the lives of Ontarians.
However you jump in with us, you’ll join a team of good people who are constantly inspired and challenged to do great work. Join us on our journey as we go from great to greater.
TVO is funded primarily by the Province of Ontario, and is a registered charity supported by thousands of sponsors and donors. Find and follow us on: YouTube (@TVO), Twitter (@TVO), Facebook (@TVO), and Instagram (@WeAreTVO).
In collaboration with the Director of Digital Content Platforms and content owners, support the development, growth, optimization and reporting for a select portfolio of digital channels, including YouTube channels, OTT, TVO’s websites, and social channels working on curation, organic optimization and discoverability. One position will be focused on kids’ properties and one will be focused on adults.
How you will make an impact
- Support the growth, health, and experience for a select portfolio of TVO digital channels, including YouTube and social
- Work with Director of Digital Content Platforms and content owners to co-develop and execute ongoing channel strategies and tactics that attract, engage, and retain viewers and donors.
- Execute and curate content titles and descriptions to ensure optimization for all channels
- Execute the day-to-day curation, posting and optimization of the channels, ensuring audience-appropriate level of consistency with tvo.org and broadcast experiences.
- Optimize backlog and future content on select channels, including YouTube, by creating and optimizing titles, descriptions, tags, playlists, thumbnails, and end cards.
- Pitch and execute platform-specific content treatments
- Curate social media for optimization
- Ensure consistency of TVO's catalogue across TVO.org, YouTube, OTT, and other digital channels.
- Conduct ongoing data analysis and reporting on the channel portfolio and market landscape.
- Stay informed of platform and channel changes and trends, act as subject matter expert, and identify and recommend new opportunities and best practices for audience growth, awareness, and exposure.
- Collaborate with marketing, content, data, and product stakeholders to drive user growth and engagement.
What you will bring to TVO
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- Proven expertise in the YouTube platform and the various executional strategies and tactics required to develop and grow a channel and channel audiences
- Proven expertise in the YouTube platform and the various executional strategies and tactics required to develop and grow a channel and channel audiences.
- Similar experience in growing other digital channels an asset.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams, and in designing and managing projects to completion.
- A proven and effective community manager.
- Experience reporting with Google Data Studio an asset.
- High level of comfort using and reporting with a range of YouTube, social media & analytics tools.
- Mean SEO and SEO writing skills.
- Strong aptitude and experience in planning, optimizing, and reporting.
- A data-driven approach with a willingness to experiment and adapt to fast-paced environments.
- Demonstrated desire for action with positive energy, curiosity, and a can-do attitude.
- Proven ability to build relationships to achieve results.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Demonstrates TVO's values of Excellence & Innovation, Ownership, Collaboration, Trust and Respect, Diversity Equity and Inclusion.