Looking for a great place to work? A place where an award-winning culture means empowerment, teamwork and a passion for what you do? Then think WestJet. It's a great place to land.
WestJet is an organization recognized by its delivery of a remarkable guest experience resulting in us achieving over $3B in sales. In order for our best-in-class airline to be this successful, we require the skills and talents of professionals like you to ensure our ongoing growth. In an industry that is dominated by legacy competitors, you have the opportunity to build your career with an organization driven by progressive strategies, leadership and practices. If you are looking to break out of the status quo by joining a company with a strong growth plan, which consistently ranks as one of the most profitable airlines in the world, and which has a vision to be a top five international airline, WestJet is the place for you!
Posting Close Date: 08/31/2015 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm)
The Retail Advisor is the key business driver in developing marketing and sales plans within their specific markets. They are responsible for understanding all the markets within their portfolio and accountable for driving bookings and sales with key insights from cross functional teams, including Revenue and Network planning. They will also be responsible for the planning and execution of all marketing and campaign initiates on WestJet.com and other indirect channels
- Planning & executing all market specific campaigns and initiatives with a focus on driving bookings within each region
- Perform market research and competitive analysis to gain detailed knowledge of markets such as demographics, marketing opportunities, purchasing behavior and overall competitive landscape
- Execution of all sales initiatives within each market through owned channels. This includes working with cross functional teams to determine pricing and inventory of seats available, building corresponding WestJet.com landing pages, banners and email campaigns
- Execution of all external marketing initiatives within each market, including SEM, Display, Social Media, and all traditional marketing vehicles
- Measure, report and communicate on the success of all retail initiatives
- Accountability into KPIs; including bookings, revenue, traffic, flight loads and YOY growth
- Establish and maintain cross functional relationships throughout relevant areas in WestJet (i.e. IT, Sales, Marketing, Guest Services, Airports, Market Research
- Continue to grow knowledge of airline industry and understand digital landscape
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, work collaboratively as a team, and work on multiple projects at one time
- Ability to manage 3rd party vendors
- Comfortable with a variety of software and programs
- Excellent communication skills in dealing with all organizational levels
- Bachelor’s Degree or Relevant Diploma
- 3-6 years’ experience in digital, marketing & sales
- Working knowledge of Web Analytics and KPIs
- Working knowledge of principles of target markets and customer segments
- Working knowledge of User Experience within responsive design, mobile apps and web
- Working knowledge of digital commerce in the travel industry or other e-commerce industries
- Multi-task in a very high paced environment
- Understanding of all media channels and when to use them
- Understanding of the agency / client relationship dynamic
- Ability to report and dissect analytical data
WestJet is Canada's most preferred airline, operating over one hundred aircraft to destinations in North America, Central America and the Caribbean. We are recognized as a Top Employer in Canada and our more than 10,000 employees work hard to ensure we maintain our position as one of Canada's most respected corporate cultures. With the launch of WestJet Encore, we will continue our steady growth by offering flights and jobs to more cities in Canada.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We believe in enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet's world and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. If you inspire greater creativity and innovation towards reaching new altitudes and meet the qualifications for the position in which you are interested, we welcome you to complete an online application. WestJet is a great place to land - powered by Talent and Growth.
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will utilize safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.