Indaba Digital is a leading digital and content marketing agency.
Indaba, from the traditional Zulu meaning of a gathering where important ideas are shared, solutions achieved, and all stakeholders are given a voice. We bring brands and consumers together to create meaningful relationships and promote dialogue in the digital space. Helping businesses create modern communities centralized around creating, expanding, and building trust, brand identity, and loyalty.
Indaba Digital is currently looking for an Account Manager to compliment our current team in our Vancouver office. The successful applicant will be working with Indaba Digital to manage, develop, launch, grow, and maintain all internal and client social media profiles.
Qualified candidates for our team must be detail oriented, flexible, have strong multi-tasking, organizational and problem solving skills, work well in a team atmosphere and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Key job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Managing a portfolio of client accounts ensuring seamless execution and management of digital marketing campaigns
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge on the changing social media landscape and concepting new, creative ways to promote our and client brands while generating involvement from fans and followers
- Tracking and delivering monthly statistics on current status of social media pages and accounts
- Work with the Indaba team to manage the social media strategies that executes against key marketing initiatives and social media specific initiatives for both in-house and client projects
- Lead, manage, and support content and projects as needed to execute the digital marketing strategy
- Ongoing monitoring, maintenance, optimization, and organization of social media platforms
- Develop and maintain relationships with Advocates, Bloggers and related agencies to drive and support project execution
- Track, evaluate, and report on progress to key clients
- Drive innovative idea generation by monitoring trends in social, digital and mobile media and exploring new tools, trends and applications
- Ability to effectively and creatively communicate information and ideas in written and oral format
- Completing other projects as assigned
Ideal candidates should have the following qualifications:
- 2 - 5 years’ experience working in-house or at an agency managing marketing campaigns and initiatives
- College degree preferred in liberal arts, journalism, creative writing, or new media
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong experience and active engagement with standard social media platforms and demonstrated passion for social media as a whole
- Passion for creating interesting web content that will capture people’s attention
- Creative, self-motivated, able to take initiative and work well in teams or individually
- Ability to think critically and multitask. Driven to take responsibility for assigned tasks
- Outstanding organizational skills, with keen attention to detail
- Positive attitude, high energy, and an eagerness to learn
- Excellent Microsoft office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- 1 or more years of relevant experience developing content for web or print while not required is a plus
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe illustrator, and photography while not required, is a plus
- Familiarity with content management systems, web analytics, PPC, and SEO is also a plus