We are looking for an innovative, conscientious self-starter to join our collaborative team!
- Have experience and training in the digital communications world
- Are looking for the opportunity to showcase your strong work ethic
- Love food and have a passion for dining out in the best restaurants in Vancouver
- Have a knack for sniffing out a story especially when it comes to the fast paced culinary environment
- Want to work with a company that has an impeccable reputation with clients that are leaders in their industry
- Appreciate a competitive compensation package including health benefits and additional perks
- Want to work in an environment where you are challenged and respected
- Want to take initiative to apply your skills and be given the opportunity for upward movement
Then we want to meet you.
More About Us:
SMC Communications Inc. is a leading boutique public relations agency providing imaginative, influential and comprehensive marketing communications strategies for hospitality, lifestyle and consumer brands. Fusing traditional PR strategies with digital and social media, SMC offers its clients an integrated 360-degree approach driven by intelligent, focused and structured techniques. By fostering and maintaining strong relationships with a comprehensive network of journalists, broadcasters and bloggers, SMC is able to provide maximum coverage and guaranteed results within the ever-evolving media landscape.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Media tracking; compiling weekly client media reports.
- Creating media contact lists; MailChimp database management.
- Assist with the management and execution of content over digital platforms including social media and basic CMS-based website updates.
- Design & distribution of digital newsletters and press releases in MailChimp.
- Basic graphic design and photo editing in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Assisting with writing compelling pitches, drafting media materials, pitching media.
- Editing recipes and client Q&As.
- Office support, research and administration.
- Additional duties as required.