Desktop Publisher, Multimedia (12 Month Contract)
Unposting Date: Dec 20, 2016, 8:59:00 PM
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Capital Markets – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders.
CIBC delivers access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business successes, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of these successes and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
The Capital Markets arm of CIBC serves corporate, government and institutional clients with innovative solutions and value added services. From actionable ideas to highly-tailored financing solutions, M&A advice and a strong line-up of capital markets and treasury services, CIBC Capital Markets teams can provide the capabilities the clients need to help capitalize on opportunities and manage risk.
Multimedia Publishing is a team responsible for providing Graphic Design and Desktop Publishing support throughout CIBC offering timely, cost effective, marketing, presentation, document, template and design solutions, while at all times adhering to the CIBC brand.
Our purpose is to provide timely support and expertise as it pertains to the design, development and maintenance of marketing materials, templates, pitches, documents and research for use throughout CIBC, across all regions, and at all times ensuring compliance with corporate branding.
Multimedia provides support to all regions within CIBC and CIBC Capital Markets, both nationally and internationally. Our department provides support Monday – Friday (7:30 am – 12:30 am) and scheduled support on weekends and holidays (10:00 am – 6:00 pm).
What You’ll Be Doing
1. Design and Development:
- Create and input text, graphs, tables, diagrams, maps and images into InDesign, PowerPoint and Word, using Excel, Illustrator, and Photoshop, as directed
- Update, create and/or edit complex PDF documents, excel files or other content to meet business objectives as defined
- Create graphs from complex data sets to communicate results/variances for presentations as directed
- Manipulate or include images to enhance optimal expression of design based on specifications provided
- Routinely monitor and track incoming requests through centralized Multi-Media mailbox
- Action non-complex requests/projects and business initiatives and re-direct complex requests to senior members of the team
- Respond to general client inquiries, referring escalated/sensitive matters to Senior members of the team
- Update clients on status and constantly communicate with colleagues to ensure requests are completed within the specified deadline to meet client expectations
- Consistently maintain professional service standards
- Provide software support to users of Office 2010 (Word / PowerPoint / Excel / Visio)
- Based on assigned work, prioritize timelines and plan work to ensure completion deadlines are met
- Collaborate with team members for ideas around design and development to share best practices
- Review all materials developed for consistent and accurate formatting
- Accurately review and proof all completed work, ensuring attention to detail prior to final submission to client
- Consistently adhere to and communicate pre-defined corporate Brand Standards
- Support team members with projects as required
- Advanced knowledge of Office 2010 (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Ability to create and manipulate tables, graphs, org charts, etc.
- Previous exposure to desktop publishing software (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) an asset
- Some knowledge of design and graphics preferred
- Previous experience in a financial institution preferred
- Previous experience with Web-based marketing is an asset
- High degree of accuracy
- Capable of completing tasks independently, with minimal direction, while keeping the manager informed of "variances to plan", potential problems or sensitive issues, etc.
- Ability to prioritize effectively and exhibit excellent time-management skills
- Ability to work in a deadline-oriented and fast paced environment
- Strong communication, and problem-solving skills
- Creative / Innovative Thinking
- Relationship Building
- Results & Service Oriented
- Teamwork & Partnering
- Strong organizational skills
- Time & Self Management
What CIBC Can Offer You
- Competitive salary
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities
- Opportunity to be involved in CIBC events that help our communities
What You Need To Know
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role
- This role is for the evening shift (4:00 pm – 12:00 pm) ability to work evenings / weekends / holidays is required
- Ability to work beyond scheduled hours to meet tight deadlines is a requirement
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and mental concentration is required to ensure accuracy of information
- Open concept office with shared workstations
- Finalist candidates will be tested on their Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills
- This is a 12-month contract position