Founded in 1989, Thompson Educational Publishing (TEP) is a family owned and operated educational publisher located in Toronto. Our mission is to create high-quality teaching and learning resources and help elevate the quality of education being offered in Canadian schools. We publish an expanding list of multi-component resources (textbooks, teacher/instructor materials, student workbooks) in print and online platforms for the K–12 and higher education markets.
We have an immediate opening for a Cross-Media Designer (Print and Web).
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Cross-Media Designer will complement TEP’s commitment to offering fully integrated print and online learning solutions.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in designing and producing visually compelling layouts for both print and web. A demonstrated understanding of HTML, CSS, and responsive design is essential. On the print side, proficiency in InDesign and experience with image-heavy book layouts are also considered essential.
The ideal candidate will have recent experience within the publishing industry, preferably in educational publishing, and a strong passion for envisioning the future of both.
Experience and Qualifications
- 3+ years of print design/composition experience (preferably with books; medium- to large-scale projects)
- 3+ years of web design/coding experience (HTML, CSS, responsive design, etc.)
- Degree or certificate in graphic design, web programming/design, publishing, or equivalent that demonstrates training directly relevant to this position
- Proficient in InDesign and Adobe CC apps for print, web, and illustration
- Demonstrated ability to assess project needs quickly and complete tasks accurately and on time
- Experience with photo research
- Experience with photo editing and illustration
- Knowledge of AODA compliance guidelines
- Knowledge of Adobe InCopy/InDesign workflow
- Experience in education, educational publishing, and online learning platforms