Power to Change (P2C) is an organization that seeks to collectively, as well as individually, spread the gospel of Jesus Christ through movements of evangelism and discipleship. No matter what type of work those involved with P2C do, whether staff or volunteers, we understand that our work collectively is to further this overall mission. In accordance with our mission statement to spread the gospel, everyone who applies to be involved will be required to sign and adhere to the Statement of Faith and Code of Conduct.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to work with a talented and motivated creative team, as well as the Director of Marketing and Communications who has won several internationally recognized awards for her creative achievements.
The position requires a Creative Lead with a blend of strong graphic design and front-end web development, utilizing dynamic web programming experience. The Creative Lead / Interactive Art Director will work with the Marketing and Communications team to manage and maintain a strong and consistent web presence for Power to Change. Core responsibilities include design, layout and coding integrated and responsive websites; develop and implement digital creative communications strategies; and work with the team to develop content and design graphics on social media sites.
- Create graphics, banners, landing pages, e-newsletters and web sites
- Create wireframes, rapid prototypes, user interfaces, and comp designs
- Design layout and templates for maximum usability and focus on user experience and online donations flow
- Write the programming code, either from scratch or by adapting existing website software
- Test the website and identify any technical problems
- Upload the site onto a server and register it with different search engines
- Use advanced CSS techniques in order to solve design issues
- Use the web content management system in order to edit or create pages
- Implement cookie code for analytics and dynamic content purposes
- Perform usability tests on interface design to insure cross-browser compatibility
- Give expert design advice on projects and make recommendations for improving web sites
- Closely follow trends and developments in design and technology and integrates them into our environment and practices
- Monitor and analyze Google analytics reports and provide recommendations for improved user experience
- Lead the team in creative web design content
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary education in Web Design, Graphic Design, Computer Programming or related area
- Expert experience with Adobe Creative Cloud: Photoshop, Dreamweaver, InDesign, Illustrator, Flash and Visual Studio
- Experience with enterprise Content Management Systems
- Creative execution with an on-line portfolio of design samples on websites with responsive design, social media sites, and e-newsletters
- Preferred experience with the AspDotNetStorefront framework
- At least 3 years of experience in the field of web designing
Required Skills and Abilities
- A deep, growing, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Detail-oriented, process-friendly, and has the ability to work within tight timelines on multiple projects simultaneously
- Skills in software programming and graphic design in the digital space
- Be adaptable and able to pick up new techniques
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
The mission of Power to Change is to further the movements of Christian evangelism and discipleship. All Power to Change staff members and volunteers work collectively to further this overall religious mission. The successful candidate for this position must have a pre-existing belief and demonstration of lifestyle as outlined in the Power to Change Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith. The successful candidate must agree to, sign and, in all good conscience abide by the biblical principles outlined by these documents. It is a pre-requisite of employment at Power to Change that any and all staff members and volunteers sign and abide by these documents throughout their course of involvement at Power to Change. For a copy of the Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith, please contact Human Resources.