Unicorns; the Tooth Fairy; Santa Claus: they're tough to find. We feel the same about this candidate - but we believe the perfect Creative Director DOES exist. When we find this person, we'll know it because they come with the right combination of experience, talent and passion. They will know how to harness the entrepreneurial doggedness of our culture and elevate it to a remarkable global brand. Inspired by crafting stories that matter and designing emotive experiences, the Creative Director will align and evangelize the creative vision for HootSuite’s product and marketing design teams. It’s a big job that will require someone who has years of design, brand and UX experience.
This role requires equal parts diplomacy and decisiveness in order to architect HootSuite’s brand identity and evolve the product user interface. Additionally, the Creative Director will develop strategies to integrate products and brands from acquisitions. The result will be a consistent, distinct identity across products, campaigns, and web properties that resonate with HootSuite’s audiences which includes individuals, small to medium size businesses and Fortune 500 organizations. You’ll be working with and supported by a world class team of designers and engineers. Your stakeholders will include the CEO, CTO, VP of Marketing and more.
- Establish the creative direction of the brand, including product and marketing.
- Responsible for all creative output from the organization.
- Develops creative programs and design concepts that meet the business objectives of the organization and that advance organization brand strategy.
- Provide standards and guidelines on design, art direction, typography, copy/tone, etc.
- Translate HootSuite’s marketing objectives and brand strategies into on-brand creative execution.
- Mentor creative teams. UX, designers and video producers
- Uphold brand and creative quality standards across the organization
- Partner in the development and execution of creative work (standards, innovation, consistency).
- Ensure all work is on brand and consistent.
- Collaborate with key leaders in Marketing and Product organizations to clearly identify goals and objectives of creative work as well as to provide visibility to project status through completion.
- Collaborates with agency partners and brand marketing to develop marketing campaigns.
- Provide clear communication/feedback to creative teams relative to creative work -
- Practices multi-variant testing and iterative design/development to drive creative success and incorporate learnings into new work.
- Partner with Marketing and Product to develop a system to measure brand/creative and user experience.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 10+years experience in leading creative functions
- Experience in SaaS product UX
- Ability and or experience in leading creative teams
- Possess a high creative standards, is drawn to fresh concepts but is open to inspiration from a variety of sources
- Ability to communicate vision in an inspiring way
- Ability to provide clear, and actionable feedback on creative work
- Effectively partner with key business leaders across the organization
- Experience and ability to present to all levels of leadership with confidence
- Humble yet confident, easy to work with, good mentor