ImageX has an immediate opportunity for a world class Creative Director/Digital Strategist to join our team onsite at our office in Burnaby, BC (moving to Downtown Vancouver in Summer 2016).
This is a permanent full-time position, including group benefits, paid vacation, performance bonuses, education fund and plenty of opportunities to grow with a industry leading web development agency that values work/life balance.
About the Position:
This role encompasses a combination of creative direction, user experience design, content strategy and digital marketing. We are seeking a phenomenal communicator with strong consulting and presentation skills.
As the Creative Director/Digital Strategist, you'll work closely with our delivery team to design and deliver innovative web projects and mobile applications. Armed with detailed business and user requirements, you'll use your knowledge and insight to both find creative solutions to user and business needs and to develop intuitive, aesthetically-pleasing interfaces.
- Formal education in Fine Arts, Visual Design or related field
- 2+ years creative management experience (preferably in a web agency setting)
- 5+ years experience in design, brand development and creative process
- Demonstrated understanding of interactive communications and delivery systems, processes and UI design as well as web design best practices
- Proficient with the complete Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography & limitations of the web
- Working knowledge with content management systems (Drupal is an asset)
- Ability to lead projects from concept to completion. Apply best practices in user interface and interactive design, including image optimization and site mapping
- Understanding of web technologies such as HTML5 & CSS3
- Understanding of opportunities & constraints of multiple platforms (desktop, web, mobile, etc.)
- Strong understanding of online and offline marketing
- Exceptional presentation skills with the ability to clearly and effectively communicate your design ideas to senior management and clients
- Ability to make evaluative judgments and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to effectively manage a team, including organizing, prioritizing, and delegation of work