Atimi Software is searching for a Creative Director to lead our UI/UX department. We are seeking a natural-born leader responsible for guiding a multi-disciplinary team of 4-6 designers. You’ll be directing the design of premium mobile applications for Fortune 1000 companies from conception to the mobile app store. A successful candidate will enjoy client work involving regular communication and consultation on a daily basis. Your role is composed of a combination of leadership, creative direction, production, and administration duties.
Provide mentorship, direction, and creation of visual designs from style and layouts to workflow.
- Work with Senior management to define and streamline processes
- Liaise with Sales to create bid materials, estimates, quotes and schedules
- Project resourcing for upcoming project and delegation of task on active projects
- Lead creative team in all client discovery meetings, defining product features and strategies.
- Interface with the design and engineering teams to create a spectrum of product concepts and estimate their associated costs.
- Estimate hours required to complete UI and UX tasks for upcoming projects
- Communicate design concepts to clients, design team, project managers, developers, and QA.
Use UI/UX best practices to direct and produce concepts and materials from inception to completion.
- Create app maps, wireframes, user journeys, application flows, conceptual prototypes and build pixel-perfect visual designs.
- Improve and maintain UI/UX documentation and templates.
- Conduct user-centric and demographic research, reporting, and documentation.
Oversee the improvement and maintenance of people and processes
- Conduct interviews and hiring
- Conduct analysis of department successes, challenges, and individual performance
- Conduct probationary and annual performance reviews for all UI/UX staff
- Organize team building activities for the department
- Stay up to date with current and upcoming trends in design and technology to provide technical leadership and world-class solutions to the clients.
- Require 5+ years of Interaction/Digital Design Experience (UX and UI Design principals) including Mobile (iOS/Android)
- Experience leading and managing a medium-sized team.
- Must be an expert in standard design tools (i.e. Adobe CC)
- Experience with rapid prototyping and user testing.
- Experience consulting clients
- Able to coordinate and manage multiple concurrent projects