Creative Director full-time
Join the Vision Critical team
A colossal revolution is happening in the way organizations engage with their customers which is pushing market research to become more captivating and Vision Critical is leading the charge. Our team, headed by industry icon Angus Reid, leads the world in interactive research and provides technology and expertise to help companies recruit, engage and learn more about their own customers. Our software allows our Fortune 500 clients to do internet based market research using interactive surveys, photos, videos, audio and 3D simulations. We work with one third of the world’s top 100 brands; our professionals are spread across the globe in Canada, US, Europe, Australia and Hong Kong; and our VC Community Panels product is the most widely adopted community panel platform on the planet.
We take good care of our people and we get recognized for it. Recently Vision Critical was named one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Top Employers for young people, as well as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50. We’re growing fast, developing cutting-edge technology and research techniques that bring clients the insight they need to get inspired, be innovative and make bankable decisions.
We reward self-starters, firecrackers, collaborators and life enthusiasts. We can’t abide stagnancy or bureaucracy. We thrive on change and ambitious goals. Join our team!
As Vision Critical continues to quickly grow and expand our global offices, we are looking for a Creative Director to help define, grow, and protect the Vision Critical brand worldwide. You must be an experienced designer, strategic thinker, visual story teller, and a team player. You can take a problem or idea, simplify it and visually represent it. We aren't looking for someone to "direct" people from behind a desk; we are looking for someone who can inspire team members but also have the ninja design skills to roll up their sleeves and get the job done.
You will be producing (as well as providing guidance) the creative on a wide range of projects:
- website design for our main site, blog, regional sites, and intranet
- email designs
- PowerPoint decks
- online and print ads
- trade show assets
- branding on social media sites
- diagrams and graphs
You can understand concepts that may not always be fully fleshed out and work quickly to produce quality designs. You have experience working for fast-paced high tech companies and can create brand-consistent visual designs that support corporate objectives. You are comfortable working in a very collaborative environment - we welcome healthy debate and fresh ideas. You must be passionate about your craft and possess strong communication skills to convey your ideas succinctly, help people understand best practices, and get buy in from internal stakeholders.
- Develop creative programs and design concepts that meet corporate objectives and advance the brand strategy
- Maintain and evolve branding guidelines
- Develop clear creative briefs
- Manage and nurture the talents of the creative team
- Ensure creative work is on brand, on strategy, and meet project requirements
- Bring sources of creative inspiration to the marketing team
- 7-10 years design experience in a technology company or creative agency
- Strong graphic design and illustration skills for print and web
- Expert with Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong understanding of branding, marketing, advertising
- Exceptional presentation skills